1. To win first prize in the lottery is most people's dream.
例:To climb Mt. Everest alone is the explorer's intention.
- It is the explorer's intention to climb Mt. Everest alone.
To run his own business is his desire.
->It is his desire to run his own business.
b. first prize一等奖
此短语之前通常不加定冠词the。同理，表“二等奖”、“三等奖”……应说:second prize , third prize...，之前均不置the.
例:Carol easily won first prize in the speech contest.
c. lottery n.奖券
例:You know what people say about lotteries-you can't win if you don't play.
2. If I were'the lucky one, 1 would spend many sleepless nights out of excitement planning for the future.
a. 本句使用现在与事实相反的假设语气和与现在事实相反的假设法If十主语+过去式动词(如were , came , sang等)主语+过去式助动词(如would , could , might等)+动词原形
例:If she had time off from work, she would take a vacation.
h. sleepless a.失眠的，不眠的
例:Jenny spent many sleepless nights thinking about a vacation in Greece.
His long, dull speech made me sleepy.
If you feel drowsy while you are driving, you should pull over and rest a while.
c. out of excitement 由于/出于兴奋
out of + N 由于，出于
例:She opened her mother's jewelry box out of curiosity.
d. plan for…为……计划
例:It's a good idea to plan for one's old age.
3. I would divide my money into two parts: half for my parents and half for myself.
divide vt .(划)分，除
break down…into… 分类/解成……
例:The robbers split the loot into equal parts.
If you break down water into its individual elements, you get hydrogen and oxygen.
4. Overseas travel would be the first thing that I would do.
a. overseas a.&adv 向(在)海外(的)
例:The company's overseas trade is on the increase.
Tom is well-read but has never been overseas.
b. travel n.&vt.旅行，游历
例:Elaine likes to travel whenever she has the time.
I traveled to Australia last year.
c. be the first/last thing that sb would/will do
例:Cheating on the exam is the last thing Kathy would do.
5. Romantic Europe, the wilds of Africa and mysterious Southeast Asia are the dreamlands that I would see.
a. romantic a.曼蒂克，浪漫的
例:That movie was good, but it didn't have enough romance.
b. wild 原野( pl.)&a.野生的
例:The explorer has returned from the wilds ofAfrica.
Some wild animals are poached for their pelts.
c. mysterious a.神秘的
例:Who do you suppose wrote this mysterious note?
The boss' wife' s age remains a mystery.
d. dreamland ['dri:mlaend ] rr.乐土，幻想中美好的地方
例:Huangshan looks like a dreamland.
6. I would be able to put the drudgery of studying aside and leave my world full of pressures far behind for a while.
例:Put your homework aside for a while so I can talk to you.
b. drudgery n.辛苦乏味的工作(不可数)
例:Most people feel that their jobs are nothing more than drudgery .
c. leave…(far) behind将……抛诸脑后
例:When you go on vacation，you should leave your worries far behind.
d. …leave my world full of pressures far behind…
=…leave my world which is full of pressures…
e. be full of…充满……
=be filled with…
例:This river is filled with minnows.
f. pressure n.压力
例:This old water pipe can't take much additional pressure.
g, for a whsle一会儿
例:I stood at the bus stop for just a short while before the bus came.
7. Oh! If only I could win the lottery!
例:If only I were a bird!
例:If only I had known the truth earlier!