1. It is thought by some people that making mistakes is shameful.
→Some people think that making mistakes is shameful.
a. mistake n.错误
make a mistake 犯错
make an error 犯错(尤指写作的错误)
make a blunder 犯大错
例:Sally only made one error on the pop quiz.
The accountant made a blunder, v hich cost the company a lot of money.
b. shameful a.(事)令人可耻的
例:The shameful behavior of that child must not be tolerated.
That vendor should be ashamed of himself for trying to shortchange his customers.
2. But the fact of the matter is that mistakes are a common part of everyone's life.
a. the fact of the matter is + that从句 事实上……
=the truth is+that从句
例:The truth is that Sue has a crush on Tom.
b. common a.普通的，常见的& a.相同;共同
in common with…与……相同/共同
例:He's not your common，everyday mouse；he's Mickey Mouse!
Hugh and Anita got married even though most people said that they had little in common with each other.
3. No one is perfect.
perfect a.完美的，极好的& vt.使完美
例:This is a perfect time to ask for a raise.
It took that performer years to perfect his juggling skills.
4. It's unreasonable to expect a person to be right all the time.
a. unreasonable a.不合理的
例:The pay is good for that kind ofwork, but the hours are unreasonable.
A:I'll give you 1,000 yuan for your painting.
B:OK, I guess that's reasonable.
b. all the time 一直，永远;经常
例:A：Where have you been these days?
B:I've been here all the time.
Connie seems to be sick all the time.
5. However, we should do our utmost to avoid making the same mistake twice.
a. utmost n.最大限度;极度
do one's utmost to V 尽某人最大努办...
例:We did our utmost to convince him to cut down on his drinking.
b. avoid vt.避免
例:With my mom around, I can't escape making my bed.
We saw you! There's no point (in) denying doing it.
*There is no point(in) + V-ing 做……是无用的
=There is no sense (in) +V-ing
=There is no use (in)+V ing
=It is no use+V ing
6. It is my feeling that making a mistake may turn out to be a good thing.
It is one's feeling+ that从句 某人觉得……
=One has a feeling + that从句
=One's feeling is + that从句
例:I had a feeling that this movie would be popular.
7. It is through our errors that we can find the path to doing things correctly.
a. 此处使用"It is/was...+that从句”的强调句，其句型一共有两种:
例:It was by train that I went to Tainan.
It was only when I had my own children that I realized how much my mother had done for me.
(2) It is/was+名同/代词+who/whom/which引导的定语从句*以上关系代词均可用that代替;且这种句型翻译时，多先译定语从句，再译被强调的名词。
例:It was that grammar book which aroused my interest in learning English.
It is Dr. Lee whom(或that)1 hold in high esteem.
b. find the path / way / road to V-ing
例:What must a person do to find the road to having peace of mind?
8. Finally, it is important to remember that few mistakes are so terrible that they cannot be corrected.
few不冠a时为否定用法，表“很少”或“几乎没有”，等于not many; a few则为肯定用法，表“有几个”、“有少数”，之后接复数可数名词;little为否定用法，表“不多”或“很少”，等于not much ;a little则为肯定用法，表“有一点”，之后接不可数名词。
例:He has few friends in the city.
She bought a few diamonds last month.
There is little sugar left in the jar.
There is a little sugar left in the jar.