1) i wish _______________(我年轻的时候有你们这样的机会).
答案及考点： i had had your opportunities when i was young
2) if only _______________(他知道这病是可以治好的)! then he would not have killed himself.
答案及考点： he had known this disease is curable
(考点：if only 引导的感叹句表示“但愿”或“要是……就好了”，用法与 i wish…基本相同)
3) —— would you like him to paint your door with yellow stars?
—— i’d rather he _______________(漆成蓝色的，而且不带任何装饰).
答案及考点： painted it blue, and without any decorations
(考点：would rather 后的that从句中用过去式表示不是事实)
4) it’s high time that _______________(采取措施解决交通堵塞的问题).
答案及考点： measures were taken to solve the problem of traffic jams
(考点：it’s (about/high) time 后的that从句中用过去式，表示“该是……的时候了”)
5) hugh usually talks _______________(仿佛在大会上发表演说似的).
答案及考点： as though he were delivering a speech at an assembly
(考点：as if / as though引导的从句中用过去式表示和现在事实相反或对现在情况有所怀疑)
6) we insist that _______________(让杰克立刻进医院).
答案及考点： jack (should) be sent to hospital right now
(考点：表示“建议、命令、要求、想法”的动词所接的宾语从句通常用“(that) sb. (should) do”的虚拟形式)
7) it was advised that _______________(在居民区设立更多的流动商店).
答案及考点： more mobile shops (should) be set up in the residential area
(考点：表示“建议、命令、要求、想法”的动词所接的主语从句通常用“(that) sb. (should) do”的虚拟形式)
8) his proposal was that _______________(他们成立一个专门委员会来检查这个问题).
答案及考点： they (should) set up a special board/committee to examine this problem
(考点：表示“建议、命令、要求、想法”的名词所接的表语从句通常用“(that) sb. (should) do”的虚拟形式)
9) we are going to discuss his suggestion that _______________(取消期中考试).
答案及考点： the mid-term exams (should) be canceled
(考点：表示“建议、命令、要求、想法”的名词所接的同位语从句通常用“(that) sb. (should) do”的虚拟形式)
[表示“建议、命令、要求、想法”的动词及其名词常见的有：advise (advice), agree (agreement), decide (decision), decree, demand, determine (determination), grant, indicate (indication), insist (insistence), order, prefer (preference), propose (proposal), request, require (requirement), resolve (resolution), stipulate (stipulation), suggest(suggestion), urge, vote;常见的这类动词还有：allow, arrange, ask, beg, concede, demonstrate, ensure, intend, move, pledge, pray等]
10) it is ridiculous that _______________(我们在一个总是下雨的国家还缺水).
答案及考点： we (should) be short of water in a country where it is always raining
(考点：在it is/was +形容词后的that从句中常用“sb. should do”的形式表示建议惊奇等。这类形容词常见的有：advisable, anxious, appropriate, compulsory, crucial, desirable, eager, essential, fitting, imperative, important, impossible, improper, natural, necessary, obligatory, preferable, proper, urgent, vital, willing等)
11) it is essential that _______________(每个人都为紧急情况做好准备).
答案及考点：everyone (should) be prepared for emergency
12) _______________(如果他按照我告诉他的办法订票), we would have had quite a comfortable journey.
答案及考点：if he had booked tickets in the way i told him
13) i was to have made a speech _______________(要不是有人把我的话打断了).
答案及考点：if i had not been interrupted
14) it didn’t rain last night. _______________(要是下了，地就会湿的).
答案及考点：if it had rained, the ground would be wet
15) _______________(如果我一直住在纽约), i would know the u.s. well now.
答案及考点：if i had been living in new york
16) if the doctor had not come in time, _______________(他现在就不在人间了).
答案及考点：he would be dead now
17) but for his help, _______________(我们就不会以这么低的价格租到房子了).
答案及考点：we could not have rent a house at such a low price
18) i used my calculator; _______________(否则，我会花更长的时间才能算出这道题).
答案及考点：otherwise, it would have taken me more time to work out this question
19) were i in your place, _______________(我会毫不犹豫地抓住机会).
答案及考点：i would seize the opportunity without hesitation
(考点：在非真实条件句中如果有were, had, should这三个词，可以省去if，采用主谓语倒装的形式来表示条件)
20) had it not been for their opposition, _______________(这项法案早就通过了).
答案及考点：this act would have been passed much earlier
21) should there be another world war, _______________(人类的继续存在就会有危险).
答案及考点：the continued existence of the human race would be in jeopardy
22) he walked lightly _______________(以免惊醒婴儿).
答案及考点：lest he should awaken the baby
(考点：lest (以免)引导的从句通常用sb. should do的形式表示虚拟)