1. Someone jumped over the wall of John's house at 9:30 p.m.
2. A burglar must have broken into John's house.
3. Maria put Susan to bed at 9 p.m.
4. Susan couldn't catch up with the math class.
1. The cop had to run fast to catch up with the burglar.
2. Tom came across Susan on his way home.
3. The car ran over a rabbit.
4. Tom looked over his notes before the test.
1. The turtle managed to catch up with the rabbit.
2. David didn't want to hand his business over to John.
3. Susan looked over the pictures before reading the book.
4. The light on the gate has been out since last week.
5. Jane was worried that the burglar had stolen her wedding ring away.
6. Jane and John talked it over with the police.
7. They dropped by the police station again the next day.
8. Jane and John went out for some fresh air after dinner.
9. David reads a newspaper to keep up with current events.
10. John thought it over for about an hour.