立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第03集:A Visit to the Doctor 看病(三)

3-3 A Visit to the Doctor 3.jpg
A Visit to the Doctor (3)

看病(3)

Hey, welcome to our fourth annual Memorial Day cookout. Coming up, one of my famous charcoal-broiled hamburgers ... and how 'bout an all-American hot dog ... and, of course, Sal's homemade Boston baked beans.

嘿,欢迎来参加我们的第四次年度纪念日的野餐,来吧,吃一个我最有名的碳烧汉堡包……再来一个美式热狗……当然还有,萨尔亲手做的波士顿烤豆。

So, how have you been?

近来好吗?

Oh, so busy, you know, with my day job, and some gigs at night, guitar lessons, and ...

哦,很忙,你知道,白天上班,晚上有些演出,吉他课还有……

Are you still working at the factory?

你还在工厂上班吗?

I'm hoping to go to college ... music school.

我打算去上学……音乐学院。

Good for you. Which one?

太好了。哪一所?

Well, my first choice is the Boston School of Music, but I've applied to four colleges, all together.

嗯,我第一志愿是波士顿音乐学院,但我一起申请了四所学校。

Oh, all four will want you, I mean you have such a great voice! I wish I had a talent like that.

哦,四所都会录取你,我是说你有这么好的嗓音。我希望也有你这样的天赋。

Come on, you have a husband who loves you, a beautiful daughter, and your own apartment ... I mean, what more could you ...

得了,你有一个爱你的丈夫,美丽的女儿,有自己的房子……我是说,还有什么更多的你能……

You're right. I mean ... I can't complain. Life is good. So, what does Matt think about your plans to study music?

你是对的,我的意思是……我不会抱怨。生活很美好。那么,你打算学音乐的事情麦特怎么想?

He doesn't really understand. He doesn't think I'll make it.

他完全不理解。他认为我做不到。

Men. They're all alike. All they think about is money .... and sex.

男人,他们都一样。他们所想的只有钱……和性。

Yeah.. .

是的。

Sal ...

萨尔……

How are you doing?

你怎么样?

I'm excellent. How are you doing? Good to see you.

我很好。你怎么样?很高兴见到你。

Nice to see you.

很高兴见到你。

Feeling good? ... Hey, Rebecca, you get more lovely every day ... Look at you!

感觉不错?……嘿,丽贝卡,你越来越可爱了……看看你!

Thanks, Jack ...

谢谢,杰克。

Hey, but Sandy, she's the love of my life.

嘿,不过桑蒂,她才是我生命中的最爱。

Jack...

杰克……

Hey, I'm thirsty. I'm going to get a drink. You want anything?

嘿,我口渴了。我去弄点喝的。你来点什么?

No, maybe later. Thanks.

不,也许过一会儿。谢谢。

Jacks in a good mood!

杰克情绪不错。

No, not really. He's had too many beers. He lost his job yesterday.

不,不是真的。他喝了太多的啤酒。他昨天丢了工作。

Oh, no ...

哦,不……

She is so cute. I want to have a little girl like that some day.

她真可爱。希望有朝一日我也能有个这样的女孩。

Last time I checked, you need a man for that ... the right man . .

上次我说过了,你需要一个男人……一个好男人。

I know.

我知道……

... someone who will be a good father.

……一个能成为好父亲的人。

It's hard to imagine Jack as a Dad. He gets so crazy sometimes ...

难以想象杰克做父亲是什么样子。有时他简直是疯子……

Babe, I'm leaving.

宝贝,我想离开。

We just got here.

我们才来。

So?

那又怎么样?

I haven't even said hello to Sal.

我还没向萨尔打招呼呢。

I'm leaving. If you want to stay, you can stay. I'm leaving. OK. Is that OK? Excuse me, Rebecca.

我走了。如果你想留下,你可以留下。我走了。可以吗?对不起,丽贝卡。

Tell Sal something came up.

告诉萨尔出了点事。

What was it? The volleyball game?

怎么回事?排球比赛?

No, just tell him the truth: Jack's upset because he lost his job.

不,就告诉他真相:杰克丢了工作。

What's with him? Did he lose his temper again?

他怎么了?他又发脾气了?

Yeah. And he lost his job, too. Poor Sandy.
 

是的。他又丢了工作。可怜的桑蒂。
 

打开APP阅读全文