立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第04集:Celebrations 庆典(二)

4-3 Celebrations 3.jpg
Celebrations 2

庆典 2

We are sorry to inform you ... Oh, no. I can't believe it ... God.... another rejection letter.

我们很抱歉地通知您……哦,不。我无法相信……天哪……又一封拒绝信。

Three rejections. I can't believe it.

三封拒绝信,我简直无法相信。

Three rejections. I can't believe it. What are you going to do?

三封拒绝信。我无法相信,你打算怎么办?

I'm waiting to hear from one more school. They put me on their waiting list. Keep your fingers crossed.

我在等下一所学校的消息。我在他们的候选名单上。祝我好运吧。

Only one? Well, I hope they take you.

唯一的一所?哦,我希望他们接收你。

I'm supposed to hear this week.

这个星期我该得到消息。

Which college --the New England Conservatory?

哪所大学?---新英格兰艺术学校?

No, they turned me down. It's the San Francisco College of Music.

不,他们决绝我了。是旧金山音乐学院。

San Francisco?

旧金山?

That's right. San Francisco, California.

是的。旧金山,加利福尼亚。

Rebecca!

丽贝卡!

But, Rebecca, this school is on the other side of the country.

但是,丽贝卡,这所学校在这个国家的另一边。

I know that, but if San Francisco accepts me and gives me some financial aid, that's where I'm going.

我知道,但是如果旧金山接收我并给我一部分奖学金,我就去那里。

But you don't know a soul out there.

但是你在那里一个人都不认识。

Yes, I do. My godmother lives out there.

不,我认识。我教母在那边住。

What is she, rich or something? She has such a big house.

她是干什么的?很有钱吗?她有一栋大房子。

No, she's not rich, but she does have room for me if I get accepted.

不,她不是有钱人,但如果我被录取了她会给我地方住。

You re really serious about this, aren't you?

你是认真的,是吗?

Dead serious.

绝对认真。

Come in.

请进。

When do we eat ?

什么时间吃饭?

In five minutes. Dinner's in the oven.

再等五分钟,饭菜在烤箱里。

Dad's not eating. He went to bed.

父亲不吃饭,他上床了。

What's wrong? Is he sick?

怎么了,他病了吗?

No. He just said he was tired.

不,他说他只是累了。

So, did you hear anything about your applications ... you know, to music school?

那么,你的申请有什么消息了吗?……你知道,是指音乐学院。

I got three rejection letters.

我收到了三封拒绝信。

That's too bad. So, what're you going to do?

太糟糕了。那么,你要打算怎么办?

I still have one last hope ... a school in San Francisco.

我还有最后一线希望……旧金山的一所学校。

San Francisco ...
 

旧金山……
 

打开APP阅读全文