立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第04集:Celebrations 庆典(三)

4-3 Celebrations 3.jpg
Celebrations 3

庆典 3

Ow-oo.

哦……

What, Dad? Are you OK?

怎么了,爸爸?你还好吗?

No! ... The Red Sox lost another game.

不好!……红袜子队又输了一场比赛。

Dad, you make me crazy. Is my purse out there?

爸爸,你简直让我发疯。我的书包在那儿吗?

Yeah. It's here.

对,在这。

What's this?

这是什么?

A college brochure. See you tonight.

一所学校的材料。晚上见。

Becky, pick up the mail, OK?

贝琪,别忘了拿信。

Pick up the mail? It s too early.

拿信?太早了。

Yesterday's mail.

昨天的信件。

But, Dad, you always get the mail ...

可是,爸爸,通常是你取信……

Well, I didn't yesterday. My leg was bothering me.

是的,可昨天我没取。我的腿不舒服。

Oh, Trixy, that was a great walk. Here we are. Home again! Good momin Rebecca. How are you?

哦,特里克西,散步真好。我们回来了,又到家了。早上好,丽贝卡,你好吗?

Good morning, Mrs. Peterson. Hi, Trixy.

早上好,皮特森夫人,嗨,特里克西。

Is the mail here already?

已经有信来了?

No. This is from yesterday.

不,这是昨天的。

Oh. Excuse us.

哦,请原谅。

San Francisco! We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at the San Francisco . .Oh, my God! I'm going ...

旧金山!我们很高兴地通知您,您已经被我校录取了……哦,天哪!我要去……

Good news ?

好消息?

I ... I ... very good news.

我……我……非常好的消息。

Hi ... !

嗨……!

What's up with Rebecca?

丽贝卡怎么了?

I don't know.

不知道。

Well, she certainly seems happy.

是的,她看起来很高兴。

Good morning, Grace.

早上好,格蕾斯。

Sandy, I got the letter! I'm in!

桑蒂,我收到信了。我被录取了。

What letter? You mean, the San Francisco school?

什么信?你是说,那所旧金山的学校?

Look!

看!

Dear Ms. Casey: Congratulations! ... Oh my gosh, they accepted you! The San Francisco College of Music! ... Oh, Rebecca ... I'm so happy for you!

亲爱的凯西小姐:祝贺你!……哦,天哪,他们录取你了。旧金山音乐学院!……哦,丽贝卡……我真为你高兴!

Can you believe it?

你相信了吧?

Guess what? Rebecca's going to college.

猜怎么着?丽贝卡要去念大学了。

College! ... Good for her.

大学!…….太好了。

And she's quitting her job, too, and moving to San Francisco.

她还要辞去工作,搬到旧金山去。

She's quitting?

她辞工?

Would you give up your job in this economy? No way.

这样的经济条件下你会辞工吗?不可能。

Well, it's Rebecca's dream. It's good to have dreams.

不过,这是丽贝卡的梦想。有梦想真好。

I've got an idea! Why don't you come to San Francisco with me!

我有个好主意。你为什么不同我一起去旧金山?

San Francisco? ... I don't think so.

旧金山?……不行。

Why not?

为什么?

Well, first of all, I don't have any money.

哦,首先,我没有钱。

I'll lend you some.

我借你一些。

Don't be silly. You're not Rockefeller.

别傻了。你又不是洛克菲勒。

Come on. What's keeping you in Boston? Nothing!

行了。什么让你离不开波士顿?什么也没有!

Ain't that the truth ... but it is home ... I mean, my mother lives here ...

事实不是这样的…….可这里有家……我是说,我妈妈生活在这里……

You and your mom don't even talk.

你甚至不和你妈妈说话。

Well ... there' s Jack ...

那么……这里有杰克。

Right ... you and Jack...you know what I think about that!

这就对了……你和杰克……你知道我怎么想你和杰克!

But it's still home. Sorry, Rebecca, Boston's my town. Nice of you to ask, but no thanks.

这里毕竟是家。很抱歉,丽贝卡,波士顿是我长大的地方。谢谢你的邀请,可是不行,谢谢。

Well, it was an idea.

好吧,只是个想法。

San Francisco. Wait till Matt and your dad hear about this!

旧金山。等着听听麦特和你父亲的想法吧。

Dad?

爸爸?

Yeah?

什么事?

We have to talk.

我们的谈谈。

Uh-huh.
 

哦。
 

打开APP阅读全文