立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第05集:Breaking the News 公开新闻(一)

5-1 Breaking the News 1.jpg
Breaking the News 1

公开新闻1

Dad?

爸爸?

Yeah?

什么事?

We have to talk.

我们得谈谈。

Uh-huh.

哦。

I have some good news.

我有个好消息。

Oh?

哦?

This music school accepted me and they're offering financial aid and a partial scholarship. I ... uh ... they want me to be a student there.

这所音乐学院录取我了,而且他们给我提供经济资助和部分奖学金。我……呃……他们想让我去那里学习。

When did you get this letter?

你什么时候接到这封信的?

This morning.

今天早晨。

This college is in San Francisco!

这所学院在旧金山。

Yeah, I know.

是的,我知道。

My God, that's the other side of the earth!

天哪,在地球的另一端。

Come on, Dad. It s only six hours by plane.

行了,爸爸。坐飞机只要6个小时。

It's too far away. We'll never see you. Why don't you go to school around here?

太远了。我们再也不会见到你。为什么不去这里附近的学校?

All the music schools in Boston turned me down.

所有波士顿的音乐学院决绝我了。

What about a nice community college ... a good teacher's college ...

好的社区学院呢?……一个有好教师的学院……

I want to study music. This is the only music school that accepted me.

我想学音乐。这是唯一一所录取我的音乐学院。

What about Kevin? What about us?

凯文怎么办?我们怎么办?

Kevin's almost eighteen, he can take care of himself. And with a little help from him, you'll be fine, too. This is my big chance.

凯文快18岁了。他会照顾自己。他也可以帮你。这是我的好机会。

So, what do you want from me?

那么,你要我做什么?

I ... um ... nothing. Just your approval.

我……什么也不要。只是要你的批准。

You want my approval? No way.

你要我的批准。不行。

What?

什么?

N-O. No way.

N-O.不行。

That's it? End of conversation?

就这些?谈话结束?

What do you want me to say ... that I'm thrilled? I gave you my opinion, but you don't care.

你要我说什么……恐吓我?我告诉你我的意见,可你听不进去。

But, Dad. This is something I really want to do.

可是,爸爸。这是我真正想做的事情。

There's a lot I want to do, too. But you don't always get what you want in this world.

我也有很多想做的事情。可在这个世界上你不能总是做想做的事情。

But, I'm not going forever. I'll call. I'll visit.

可是,我不是永远不回来,我会打电话,我会看你们。

Visit? Who's gonna pay for that?

看我们?谁来付钱呢?

I will.

我会的。

And where are you going to live out there? Rebecca, do you know how expensive it is to live on your own?

那么,你在那边住什么地方?丽贝卡,你知道自己住是很贵的吗?

Yes, I do. I have a place to stay.

是的,我知道。我有地方住。

I don't understand ...

我不明白……

Rent-free.

免租金。

Where?

什么地方?

At Nancy Shaw's.

在南希·萧家。

That woman! Where's my cane?

那个女人!我的拐杖在哪?

I know you don't like Nancy, but she is my godmother.

我知道你不喜欢南希,但她是我教母。

Does your brother know about this?

你弟弟知道这件事吗?

Not yet.

还不知道。

I'm going to bed.

我去睡了。

That school in San Francisco accepted you?

旧金山那所学院录取你了?

Yeah. They gave me financial aid, too ...

是的,他们还给了我经济资助…………

So what are you gonna do?

那么,你怎么办?

Dad really wants me to stay, but I'm going.

爸爸非让我留下,可我要走。

When do you have to leave?

你什么时候离开?

In a few weeks. Kevin, the truth. Is it all right with you if I go?

几个星期以后。凯文,说真话。假如我走了,你真的会没事?

Go for it!

走吧!

Thanks ... You're a pal.

谢谢…………你真够朋友。

Don't worry about Dad. He'll get used to it.

别担心爸爸,他会习惯的。

You think so?

你这么认为?

I'm sure of it ... Besides, then I can have your room.

我肯定……另外,以后我可以用你的房间。

My room! You little ... my room! I'm not even out of here yet and you want my room?
 

我的房间!你这小子……我的房间。我还没离开你就想占我的房间?
 

打开APP阅读全文