立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第05集:Breaking the News 公开新闻(二)

5-2 Breaking the News 2.jpg
Breaking the News 2

公开新闻 2

It's ten o'clock. Come on. It's break time.

十点了,来吧,现在是休息时间。

You want to get a soda?

你想来杯软饮料吗?

No. I need a cigarette. So...

不,我要支烟,那么……

No, you don't.

不,你不能吸烟。

Yes, I do.

不,我可以。

Sandy, when are you going to quit smoking?

桑蒂,你什么时候打算戒烟?

Tomorrow.

明天。

So? What did they say?

怎么样?他们怎么说?

I haven't told Matt yet. Kevin thinks it's great. My dad is definitely not happy!

我还没告诉麦特。凯文认为太棒了。我父亲却一点也不高兴。

He's mad, huh?

他疯了吗,啊?

Yeah ... Well, today's the day. It's time to let the boss know I'm leaving.

是的……好吧,就在今天……是该通知老板我要离开了。

You're going to quit ... just like that?

你要辞职……就这么样了?

Well, I have to give them a two-week notice, right? Then ... I'm out of here.

对,我得提前两个星期通知他们,对吗?然后……就离开这里。

Oh, I can't believe it.

哦,我真不敢相信。

Well, it s true ... Hey, I need some new clothes ... you want to go shopping after work?

是的,这是真的……嘿,我需要一些新衣服……你下班去买东西吗?

OK.

好的。

What are we looking for?

我们找什么?

I've got plenty of jeans and casual stuff for class. What I really need is something dressy for California. I've got zilch.

我已经有一大堆上课穿的牛仔裤和随意的衣服。我要的是在加州穿的衣服,我一件都没有。

How about this?

这件怎么样?

Too formal. This is pretty. Where's the price tag?

太正经。这件很漂亮。价签在哪?

Two hundred dollars! And it's on sale?

两百美元。这是大减价吗?

Who can afford this stuff?

谁买得起这东西?

This is 30 percent off-only sixty dollars.

这件降价30%,只要60美元。

I like it. Do they have your size?

我喜欢。他们有你的号码吗?

Mmm ... Size six, perfect. I m going to try it on.

嗯,六号,太好了。我穿上试试。

Listen, I have to tell you a big secret. My mom doesn't even know.

听着,我得告诉你一个大秘密,连我妈妈都不知道。

What ?

是什么?

I'm moving in with Jack.

我搬到杰克那里去了。

You're what? The two of you are always fighting!

你什么?你们俩总打架。

Well ... things change.

可是……现在不一样了。

Yeah, but people don't.

哦,但人不会变。

Look, I'm going to do it. Period. I know you don't think it's a good idea, so let's just change the subject.

你瞧,我真的打算这么做。话说到此,我知道你不认为这是个好主意,那咱们换个话题。

Sandy, I just want you to be happy, that's all. This thing with you and Jack is just ...

桑蒂,我只想让你高兴,仅此而已。你和杰克这件事只是……

Look ... I think I can make it work.

好吧……我想我会处理好的。

It looks great.

看起来太棒了。

I don't know. Maybe it's too ...

我不知道,也许太……

It's perfect.

非常好。

All right.

好吧。

When do you have to leave?

你什么时候离开?

In a few weeks.

几个星期以后。

Do you have your plane ticket?

有机票了吗?

No, of course not.

没有,当然没有。

You'd better hurry up. It's cheaper if you buy your ticket a few weeks in advance.

你最好抓紧。你如果提前几个星期买机票会便宜。

I am not flying; I'm driving to San Francisco.

我不坐飞机,我开车去旧金山。

Drive? All by yourself? Are you crazy?

开车?一路自己开?你疯了吗?

No, practical. I'll need a car in San Francisco, right? Anyway, I want to see the Southwest. So, why not buy a car here and drive it out there?

没有,这很实用。我在旧金山需要一辆车,对吗?总之,我要去西南转转。所以,干吗不在这买辆车开过去呢?

You are nuts! So, what kind of car are you gonna get?

你真疯了。那么,你打算要一辆什么车?

The best car I can get for fifteen hundred dollars.
 

我能负担得起的最好车子是1500美元。
 

打开APP阅读全文