立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第06集:Saying Goodbye 道别(二)

6-2 Saying Goodbye 2.jpg
Saying Goodbye 2

道别 2

What do you think, Frank . . . am I nuts?

你觉得怎么样,弗兰克……我是疯了吗?

No, you're not crazy. Rebecca's twenty-eight. I mean, it's about time she got a car...

不,你没疯。丽贝卡已经二十八岁了。我是说,是她该有车的时候了……

Hey, what do you think of this one here?

嘿,你觉得这辆怎么样?

No way! Look at the price!

不行,看看这价格。

She needs a small car-something she can drive around Boston.

她需要一辆小车-- 那种可以围着波士顿开的车。

Frank . . . she's driving all the way to San Francisco.

弗兰克……她要独自开车去旧金山。

San Francisco?

旧金山?

Yeah, alone.

是的,一个人。

She's gonna drive three thousand miles . . . by herself? . . . Is that safe?

她要开车走3000英里……她自己…….这样安全吗?

I think she should fly if she insists on going, but she said she'd rather put the money in a car that she can use when she's out there.

我想如果她坚持走的话可以坐飞机,可她说要把钱用在车上,这样她到那边的时候可以用。

I'd never drive that far by myself. You know that daughter of yours is pretty independent. Hey, now here's a car to drive across country.

我自己从未开过那么远。你知道你的女儿很独立。嘿,这辆车可以开着穿越全国。

She got into a good school, Frank. The San Francisco College of Music.

她进了一所好学校,弗兰克。旧金山音乐学院。

Music school? That'll never pay off. You can't make any money in music.

音乐学校?永远没有回报。你靠音乐赚不到任何钱。

You're telling me! I thought she should go to a local college.

这还用你说!我认为她应该上一所当地学校。

Well, that makes more sense to me. So why does she have to go all the way to San Francisco?

哦,我明白了。那么,她为什么要去旧金山上学?

Well, the school out there accepted her . . . and they offered her financial help.

是这样,那边的学校录取了她……并且为她提供经济资助。

Well that's good, right?

那很好,对吗?

I guess so.

我想是的。

Hey, if you're so worried about this, why don't you talk her out of it?

嘿,如果你这么担心,为什么你不说服她?

I can't change her mind. She's all fired up about the idea. Says it's her dream.

我无法改变她的想法。她对此很激动,说那是她的梦想。

Yeah, but dreams don't pay bills.

是的,可梦想付不了帐单。

Yeah, well there's nothing I can do . . . If this is what she wants, maybe I can help her with a car.

对呀,我没办法……如果这是她想要的,也许我能让她有辆车。

Well, if she's gonna be driving, you know, all the way across country, she's gotta have a decent car.

对,如果她要开车,你知道,穿越全国,她应该有一辆说得过去的车。

Hey . . . hey, here's one of those what do you call it Oldsmobile Deltas?

嘿……嘿……这就是你想要的奥斯墨比·德尔塔?

Yeah, Oldsmobile Delta.

对,奥斯墨比·德尔塔。

Hey, looks in tip-top shape, look.

嘿,一流的款式,看那。

Oh, you don't know about used cars, Frank. Whew! 80,000 miles.

噢,你不了解旧车,弗兰克。呜!八万英里。

Oh, that's a lot of miles! You know we have to take a close look at the engine, the tires, the doors, everything . . .

哦,跑了这么多英里。你知道我们得仔细看看引擎,轮胎,车门,每一样东西……

It's a lot of money, Frank. I don't wanna get ripped off.

一大笔钱,弗兰克。我不想被骗光。

You have to watch these used car salesmen.

你得看着点这些二手车推销员。

I don't know . . . Do I wanna do this?

我不知道……我真要这么做吗?

She'll love you for it.

她会因此更爱你的。

You think so?

你这么想?

Yeah . . . there, come on, let's take a look.

对…….那边,来吧,咱们去看看。

Whew, watch that one . . . Hey, looks clean, no oil leaks.

喔,看那个……嘿,看起来很干净,没漏油。

That's a lotta mileage, Frank . . . Let's have that mechanic of yours, what's his name . .

跑的英里数太多了,弗兰克……把你的机械师找来,他叫什么名字……

Sammy?

撒米?

Yeah.

对。

Yeah. We'll tell the salesman we want our mechanic to take a look at it before we pay anything.

好吧。我们得告诉推销员在我们付款之前得让我们的机械师看一下。

And we take it for a test drive, too.

另外还要开着试一次。

You got it.

就这么定了。

OK. Let's make a deal.
 

好吧,就这么定了。
 

打开APP阅读全文