立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第07集: Leaving Home 离家(一)

7-1 Leaving Home 1.jpg
Leaving Home 1

离家 1

Rebecca, Dad wants to see you.

丽贝卡,爸爸要见你。

I'm on the phone.

我在打电话。

I'll write to you from California . . . I'll see you when I come home. Goodbye, Aunt Molly. Take care.

我会从加州给你写信……我回家的时候会去看你。再见,茉莉姨妈,多保重。

Dad? . . . Kevin, where are you?

爸爸?……凯文,你们在哪?

Rebecca!

丽贝卡。

What?

什么事?

I'm in the kitchen.

我在厨房。

What's going on?

怎么回事?

Dad's downstairs. He wants to show you something.

爸爸在楼下,他要给你看样东西。

Show me? Show me what?

给我?看什么?

You'll see. Come on.

你会知道的,来吧。

Kevin, I'm busy packing. What's this all about?

凯文,我在忙着收拾行李。到底怎么回事?

Ask Dad.

问爸爸。

What's this?

这是什么?

It's your new car.

是你的新车。

Dad! You're joking!

爸爸!你开玩笑!

I . . . I can't believe it! This is for me?

我……我真不敢相信。这是给我的?

You need a car, don't you? . . . And you deserve it. It's a little present from Kevin and me.

你需要一辆车,不是吗?……你应该拥有它。这是我和凯文的一件小礼物。

Ugh! Not so tight!

哦,别太紧了!

And here's the title to the car, and I paid for the car insurance.

这是这辆车的证明,另外我还给这车子买了保险。

I'm . . . just speechless.

我……说不出话。

You . . . speechless? Kevin, when's the last time your sister was speechless?

你……说不出话?凯文,你姐姐上次说不出话是什么时候?

Not in a long time. So are we going for a ride?

从来没有。那我们去兜兜风?

What do you think?

你觉得怎么样?

It's perfect. My first car . . . I can't believe it!

完美无暇。我的第一辆车……我不敢相信。

So?

那么?

Get in!

上车!

This car's great, Dad, but I bet you spent a fortune on it!

这车棒极了,爸爸,但我打赌你为它花了一大笔钱。

Not really. I got a good deal.

不对,我做了笔好买卖。

Try the horn.

试试喇叭。

It's got a good radio and tape deck . . . everything a musician needs on a long trip . . .Look at that view.

还有一部好的收音机和磁带卡座……音乐家长途旅行所需的一切……看那景色。

I'm gonna miss this place.

我会想念这里的。

Sure you're. Boston's been your home for twenty-eight years.

你当然会。波士顿是你二十八年来的家。

When I think about leaving, I get butterflies in my stomach.

当我一想到离开,心里就七上八下的。

You'll be fine.

你会没事的。

Yeah, you'll be OK.

是,你会没事的。

I hope so.
 

希望如此。
 

打开APP阅读全文