立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第08集: The Stranger 陌生人(一)

8-1 The Stranger 1.jpg
The Stranger 1

陌生人 1

Day one: I am driving across the United States. I am leaving the East Coast driving west for new sights, new advantures.

第一天:我开车穿越美国。我离开东岸开车去西部,寻求新事物,新冒险。

Day one: I am driving across the United States. I am leaving the East Coast driving west for new sights, new advantures.

第一天:我开车穿越美国。我离开东岸开车去西部,寻求新事物,新冒险。

Day two: I drove all day through the Midwest.

第二天:我开了一天车穿过中西部。

Day three: I crossed over the Mississippi and into the plains.

第三天:我跨过密西西比河进入平原。

This is the fourth day of my drive across the United States. It's the desert. The land is flat and barren, but beautiful, in a strange way.

这是我穿越美国的第四天。这是一片沙漠。平坦贫瘠的土地,但有一种奇特的美丽。

The music on the radio out here sure is different from Boston. I'm really starting to like this Tex-Mex music.

收音机里地方台的音乐与在波士顿听到的的确不一样。我开始喜欢这种德州墨西哥音乐。

The car has been pretty good so far, but it's a gas guzzler. I have to fill it up a lot.

这辆车依旧很好,但很费油。我必须加很多油才能灌满油箱。

Hi. What can I do for you?

嗨。我能为你做什么?

Boy, it's a hot one.

天哪,真够热的。

Yeah, and I hear it's gonna get hotter . . . Fill it up?

是的,我听说还要热哪……加满么?

Yeah, please. Uh, regular, unleaded . . . Oh, and can you check the oil? Do you have a restroom?

对。请做例行检查……噢,你能再检查一下机油吗?这有卫生间吗?

Yup. It's around the corner. The key's inside.

有,在拐角处。钥匙在里面。

Excuse me. Where's the key?

对不起,钥匙在哪?

It's hanging near the door.

就挂在门的附近。

I don't see it.

我看不见。

On the hook . . . by the phone.

电话旁边,钩子上。

I put in two quarts of oil.

我加了两夸脱机油。

Two quarts? Why so much?

两夸脱机油?为什么这么多?

I don't know. Maybe there's a problem.

我不知道。也许有问题。

Do you really think there's a problem?

你真的认为有问题么?

I can't tell. I'm not a mechanic. But the owner, he'll be back in about an hour. He's a mechanic. You should check with him.

我不太懂。我不是修理工。但老板是修理工,他一个小时后回来,你可以让他替你查查。

Do you think I should wait?

你认为我应该等等?

It's up to you.

由你决定。

Maybe I'll go on . . . How much do I owe you?

也许我可以继续走……付你多少?

That'll be fifteen seventy-five for the gas . . . plus the oil . . . eighteen ninety. Cash or credit card?

15.75元加油费……机油费18.9元。现金还是信用卡?

Cash.

现金。

You drove all the way from Massachusetts by yourself?

你自己从马萨褚塞一路开过来?

Yup.

是的。

That's a heck of a drive. How far are you going?

那可够开的。你还要开多远?

San Francisco.

旧金山。

Keep your eye on that oil, OK?

注意机油,好吗?

I will. Thanks.

我会的,谢谢。

Good luck!

祝你好运!

Where am I going to sleep tonight? I hope I can find a cheap motel out here. Maybe there's something down this road.

我今晚住在什么地方?希望能找一家便宜的汽车旅馆。也许路尽头会有。

The Sundowner Motel. Great . . .

日落汽车旅馆,太棒了……

Oh, no. It's out of business . . .

哦,不。这家停业了……

San Francisco is still 500 miles away. Heck, I'll drive straight through. No more motels. I'm just gonna get there.
 

旧金山离这还有500英里。见鬼,我要一直开下去。不再住汽车旅馆,我只要一直开到那。
 

打开APP阅读全文