立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第10集: Negotiations 谈判(三)

10-3 Negotiations 3.jpg
Negotiations 3

谈判 3

Let's see . . . parts . . . labor . . . and, oh yeah, there's the towing . . .

来看看……配件……人工……和,噢,对了,拖拉费……

I had hoped to be on my way to San Francisco by now; God, this feels like a bad dream...

我希望现在我已经在去旧金山的路上了,天哪,好象是个坏梦……

Yeah, where's a dream catcher when you need one?

是啊,当你需要时,捕梦网在哪里?

Well, we have two problems: first, I need your OK on this before I can go ahead with the work . . . Sign right here . . . And, second, I have the fuel pump, I think . . . Excuse me . . .

好了,我们有两个问题:第一,我需要你的同意,在我开始干之前……在这签名……还有第二,我有油泵,我想……原谅我……

Sorry.

抱歉。

Calm down . . .

平静下来……

Got it right here. But I don't have the right gasket. I'll have to send out for one.

拿来了。但是我没有合适的垫圈。我得去找一个。

Send out! Where?

去找?哪儿?

Well, I usually get my parts from a place in Mason, but . . .

噢,我通常从麦森的一个地方得到配件,但是……

How long will that take?

要多长时间?

I was about to say . . . but it'll take at least a day or two, and that's if they have what I need.

我刚要说……至少要一天到两天,而且还得是我要的。

And what'll the whole thing cost?

还有整个要花多少钱?

Well, lemme check the price of the gasket . . . Let me see . . . around five hundred and twenty dollars . . .

噢,让我查一下垫圈的价钱……我来看看……大约520美元……

Oh, no.

噢,不。

And I noticed there's a problem with the steering . . . tie rods, I'm afraid.

我注意到转向装置有问题……轮胎杆,我抱歉。

Well, is it something that can wait? I mean, can I, can I wait till I get to San Francisco?

噢,有什么东西可以等?我是说,我能……我能等到我到了旧金山再说?

You shouldn't take a chance with your steering.

你不该用转向装置冒险。

He's right.

他说的对。

And how much will that cost?

那还要花多少钱?

Off the top of my head . . . another two hundred fifty to three hundred.

不经考虑……大约还要250-300美元。

I need to think about this.

我得想想这事。

You want my advice? . . . Let him fix it.

我你需要我的建议吗?……让他修好它。

I need to think about this. Give me a few minutes.

我得想想这事。就几分钟。

How long will it take your girlfriend to make up her mind?

你女朋友要多久才会做决定?

She's, she's not my girlfriend. She's just a friend, and I'm sure she'll make a decision quickly.

她不是,她不是我的女朋友。她只是个朋友,我肯定她很快会有决定。

So, what do you wanna do?

那么,你要怎么做?

I don't have eight hundred dollars to spend on that car. I have to sell it. Is there any chance that you would buy it from me?

我没有8百美元花在这车上。我得卖了它。有没有可能你从我手里把它买了?

Buy your car?

买你的车?

Yeah, how are you gonna get back to . . . ?

好啊,那你怎么回……?

With the money, I can take a bus to San Francisco. It's not a bad car. I mean, my father paid a lot of money for that car a few weeks ago. I'm sure you could sell it for a decent price, after you fix it up.

有了钱,我可以坐汽车去旧金山。这车不差。我是说,我父亲在几周前花了很多钱买的。我肯定你能卖个好价钱,在你修好以后。

Well, there isn't much demand for cars like that around here. People around here want mostly pickups.

行了,在这里对车的需求不多。这里的人多数要小货车。

I'm sure you could sell it to somebody. Do you wanna make me an offer?

我肯定你能卖给什么人。你想给我出价吗?

Well . . . I suppose I could sell it for parts . . . I'll give you three hundred . . .

好吧……我恐怕只能卖零件……我给你300美元。

Three hundred! It's worth a thousand at least.

三百元!它至少值1000元。

OK, how about four hundred?

好了,400元怎么样?

It's yours for seven hundred.

七百元就是你的了。

Five is as high as I can go.

五百元是我最高开价。

You know, it's worth a lot more than that. Come on.

你知道,这可比你开的价值钱。行了。

Five twenty-five.

五百二十五元。

Five seventy-five.

五百七十五元。

OK, five-fifty. Lord knows, it's my good deed for the day.

好吧,550,上帝知道,这是我今天做的善事了.

Five-fifty. Sold.

五百五,成交。

Now . . . are there any buses to San Francisco around here?

现在……这里有汽车去旧金山吗?

Yup. Greyhound bus stops in Indio. Right down Route 10, about a half-hour from here. One bus a day, it leaves at two.

是的。灰狗汽车在印第欧停。走10号公路,大约半小时。一天一班车,两点离开。

So . . . now, it s eleven o'clock.

那么……现在,是11点。

Plenty of time to make the bus.

有足够的时间赶上汽车。

Do you mind driving me?

你介意送我去吗?

Course not. I'll have you there by two.

当然不。我会两点前送你到那。

Thanks . . . I guess I should get all my things out of my car.

谢谢……我想我该把东西从我的车里拿下来。

Yeah.

是的。

One last thing, title to the car. You have to sign it over to me. The name's Joe Steward. That's S-T-E-W-A-R-D.

最后一件事,车主。你必须为我在此签字。名字是乔·斯图尔德。是S-T-E-W-A-R-D。

Thank you. One-two-three-four-fifty-five, and fifty. Let's see here . . . Receipt . . .

谢谢。1-2-3-4-50-5,和50。看这……收据……

Thanks for everything.

谢谢你的一切帮助。

No problem. Here are your plates.

没问题。这是你的牌照。

Yeah . . . thanks.

是的……谢谢。

Here you go.

你们可以走了。

So . . . you ready to go?

那么……你准备走了吗?

Yeah.

好的。

I, I feel really embarrassed . . . You're driving me to my next destination. I, I feel like you've become my taxi driver . . .

我,我觉得很尴尬……你开车送我去下一站。我,我觉得你成了我的出租车司机……

If I were a taxi, you couldn't afford me.

如果我是出租司机,你可付不起我。

I don't know how I can ever thank you . . .

我不知道该怎么谢你……

Forget it! Listen, I was thinking . . . We're going to the same place . . . and I didn't think of this before .

忘了吧!听着,我在想……我们去同一个地方……我以前没有想到这点。

I beg your pardon?

你再说一遍?

We're going to the same place, right?

我们去同一个地方,对吗?

Yes?

是的?

Well, why don't we ride . . . together?

是啊,为什么我们不……一起?

Oh-uh . . .

嗯……

We'll drive straight through . . .

我们将直接去……

No, I, I appreciate the generous offer, but I don't think so. I think I'd better take a bus.

不,我,我很感激你慷慨的提议,但是我不想这样。我想我还是坐汽车。

Come on! It makes perfectly good sense . . .

行了!这很合乎逻辑……

Alberto . . . I, I think I should take the bus.

奥博托……我,我想我应该坐汽车。

But, you know, but why spend the money?

但是,你知道,但是为什么花钱?

The bus.

汽车。

Right, the bus.
 

行,汽车。
 

打开APP阅读全文