立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第23集:The Retirement Party 退休晚会(三)

23-3 The Retirement Party 3.jpg
The Retirement Party 3

退休晚会 3

That's Phoenix for you. I don't even know my neighbors. They're all retired people. All they do is stay home.

那就是凤凰城给你的。我甚至不认识我的邻居。他们全是退休的人。他们全呆在家里。

But aren't there lots of activities for people like you?

但是那里不是有很多活动适合你这样的人吗?

Sure, but it's not easy to make new friends. To tell you the truth, retirement can get a little boring.

当然,但是交新朋友不容易。告诉你真相,退休生活会有些无聊。

Don't say that! Here I am... about to retire.

别说这个!这儿,我刚刚…要退休。

You'll get used to it... eventually. So, tell me, what are your plans?

你最终会习惯的。那么告诉我,你们有什么计划?

Well, we're hoping to go back to Mexico for Christmas to spend some time with our relatives.

我们希望圣诞节回墨西哥花一点时间和亲戚们在一起。

That's nice. Did I show you pictures of me in front of my condominium?

那很好。我给你看我在我的公寓前的照片了吗?

Wow. That's some swimsuit, Alice.

噢。还穿着泳装,爱丽斯。

Hello. Mama, Papa, you remember Rebecca?

你好,妈妈,爸爸,你记得丽贝卡吗?

Of course. How are you, Rebecca?

当然。你好吗,丽贝卡?

Very good, thanks.

很好,谢谢。

It's so good to see you again.

再次见到你真好。

It's a pleasure to be here.

很荣幸来这儿。

This is Alice Goodman, an old friend. She came all the way from Arizona to be with us tonight.

这是爱丽斯·古德曼,一个老朋友。她为了今晚和我们一起,从亚里桑纳来。

Oh, wonderful.

太好了!

This is Rebecca Casey.

这是丽贝卡·凯西。

Nice to meet you.

很高兴认识你。

Hello, Rebecca. I knew this guy when he was just a little boy. He liked girls even back then.

你好,丽贝卡。我从他还是个小孩就认识这个小伙子。甚至在那个时候,他就喜欢女孩子。

OK. We'd better go before they start telling stories about my childhood.

行了,我们最好在他们开始谈论我童年之前离开。

So, what do you think?

你认为如何?

Very attractive, but a little too skinny.

很有魅力,但是有点瘦。

I think it's time for Alberto to settle down, have a family.

我想对奥博托来说是该安顿下来,有个家了。

You women are terrible.

你们女人真可怕。

What ever happened to Patricia?

帕特里亚怎么样了?

Pa-tri-ci-a? They still go out once in a while. I was hoping they would get married... she's Mexican-American, you know. But not such luck.

帕-特-里-亚?他们仍然偶偶出去。我原来希望他们能结婚… 她是美籍墨西哥人,你知道。但是没这份福气。

How old is this Rebecca, anyway?

嗯,不管怎样,丽贝卡多大?

I'm not sure. Urn-maybe twenty-nine.

我不肯定。嗯,大约29吧。

Alber had better make up his mind fast if he's gonna have kids.

奥博托如果要孩子,最好尽快做决定。

You're right. I would like to have more grandchildren.

你说得对。我希望有更多的孙子。

You have Alex. You're lucky.

你有阿里克斯。你很幸运。

Yes. But you can never have too many grandchildren.

是的。但是你从来不会嫌孙子多。

So... Uh... Rebecca and Ramon are friends?

那么,嗯,丽贝卡和拉蒙是朋友?

Yes. He got her a job at Alex's after-school program.

是。他帮她在阿里克斯的校外项目中心找了份工作。

Looks like he's quite fond of her.

看上去他很喜欢她。

No, they're just friends. She's Alex's teacher. That's all.

不,他们只是朋友。她是阿里克斯的老师。仅此而已。

Don't be too sure.
 

别太肯定。
 

打开APP阅读全文