立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第25集: Rebecca Remembers 丽贝卡的回忆

25-1 Rebecca Remembers 1.jpg
Rebecca Remembers

丽贝卡的回忆

Rebecca Casey is flying from San Francisco, home to Boston. She is very worried and upset. She has just learned that her father is in a hospital.

丽贝卡凯西正从旧金山飞回波士顿家中。她很担心和不安。她刚刚知道她父亲住院了。

What is it?

什么事?

It's your father. He's in the hospital.

是关于你父亲。他住医院了。

I have to call home. My father's in the hospital. May I use your phone?

我得给家里打电话。我父亲住院了。我能用你的电话吗?

Of course. There's a phone in the kitchen. It'll be quieter there.

当然。厨房里有电话,那里安静些。

When she telephoned the hospital, she knew she had to return at once. The situation was serious.

当她打电话到医院,她知道她不得不马上回去。事态严重。

Oh, my God! Is he OK? Well, what did the doctor say? I will... I'll...I'll take the next flight out.

我的天哪!他还好吗?那么,医生怎么说?…我会的…我,我,我乘下班飞机。

She was sorry to interrupt the Mendozas' retirement party. It was a wonderful celebration for a wonderful family Mr. and Mrs. Mendoza, the guests of honor; Ramon and his son, Alex; and, of course, Alberto.

她感到抱歉,打扰了曼朵扎的退休晚会。这是一个为美好家庭举行的美好庆祝会,还有曼朵扎先生和太太,荣幸的客人,拉蒙和他儿子阿里克斯,当然,还有奥博托。

Rebecca's thoughts about her father mix with thoughts about her life in San Francisco. Her new home at Nancy Shaw's house.

丽贝卡想着她父亲,同时还想着她在旧金山的生活。她在南茜那儿的新家。

Here's to the beginning of a new life.

为新生活的开始。

Classes and friends at music school. Her new job.

在学校的课堂和朋友们。她的新工作。

Great, I need to see what you can do. You can take over the softball practice today... right now, in fact... OK. Let me introduce you to the children.

太好了,我要看看你能干些什么。你今天就能接手垒球队的训练,实际上是现在。好了,让我把你介绍给孩子们。

Exciting times with Alberto.

和奥博托在一起的兴奋时光。

Oh, my gosh. It's me.

我的天啊。这是我。

Well, what do you think?

是啊,你认为怎么样?

A new friendship with the Wang family.

和王家的新友谊

Please, for you.

请,给你的。

Oh, it's beautiful. But I... I can't accept this.

它太美了。但是我…我不能收。

Vincent...Ni gao su ta ma yi ding yao ta shou xia lai.

文森特,你告诉她妈妈一定要她收下来。

My mom said she wants you to have it.

我母亲说她要你收下它。

Thank you very much, Mrs. Wang.

非常感谢,王太太。

Caring for Alex.

关心阿里克斯。

Alex, who's picking you up?

阿里克斯,谁接你回家?

My dad. How come you have books?

我爸爸。你怎么也会有书?

Oh, I go to school too. I have a lot of homework tonight.

哦,我也去学校。我今晚有很多作业。

I have a big test tomorrow.

我明天有重要测验。

Uh-oh, what's it on?

噢,是什么测验?

Spelling.

拼写。

Do you want me to help you study while you're waiting for your dad?

在你等你父亲时,你要我帮你学习吗?

OK.

好吧。

And getting to know Ramon.

正在认识拉蒙。

By the way, I hope you save a dance for me.

顺便说一声,我希望你留一个舞给我。

I have to warn you, I don't dance very well.

我得警告你,我跳得不很好。

Don't worry, I only do the slow ones. But I can teach you some Latin dances.

别担心,我只跳那种慢舞。但是我能教你一些拉丁舞。

I'd like that.

好啊。

All of it was overwhelming. Did she neglect her family in Boston? Did she miss signs that something was wrong?

所有这一切都很成功。她是不是忽略了在波士顿的家了?她是否错过了不对头的迹象?

Rebecca, how are you?

丽贝卡,你好吗?

Are you all right?

你没事吧?

I'm fine. Just a frog in my throat. So, how's school?

我很好。只是声音嘶哑。那么,学校如何?

School? It's pretty tough, Dad. It's a lot of work.

学校?很难,爸爸,很多作业。

She remembered her father never really wanted her to go to San Francisco.

她记得她父亲从来没有真正想让她去旧金山。

So, what do you want from me?

那么,你 想从我这儿要什么?

Just your approval.

只是你的准许。

N-O. No way.

N-O。没门。

But in the end he supported her because he loved her.

但是最终他支持了她,因为他爱她。

If you ever need help, change your mind, or anything, remember we're here.

如果你任何时候需要帮助,改变主意,或任何事,记住我们在这儿。

Thanks, Dad. Thanks for everything. I love you.

谢谢,爸爸。谢谢你所做的一切。我爱你。

Ah... well ah... I'll miss ya, God knows.

啊…好…我会想你,上帝知道。

Oh, my gosh. They accepted you. The San Francisco College of Music. Oh, Rebecca, I'm so happy for you.

噢,我的天啊。他们录取你了。旧金山音乐学院。噢,丽贝卡,我真为你高兴。

All right, Mary!

好了,玛丽!

Her best friend, Sandy, was excited for her. And her brother supported her decision to go to music school, too.

她最好的朋友,桑迪,为她兴奋。她弟弟也支持她去音乐学院的决定。

You're going to miss her, aren't you?

你会想她的,不是吗?

The truth, is it all right with you if I go?

说实话,如果我走,你会没事吗?

They knew it was her dream.

他们知道这是她的梦想。

Go for it!

去吧。

And now her brother is alone with her sick father in a hospital room in Boston. Why did she ever leave her father and her brother? Why did she ever leave Boston? And what was she coming home to?

现在她生病的父亲和她弟弟单独在波士顿的医院病房里。究竟为什么她要离开父亲和弟弟?究竟为什么她要离开波士顿?又是什么让她回家来?

Remember as we continue with Rebecca's story. Here's how you can connect with English:Watch the videos by yourself; in a classroom; at home with family and friends.

记住,当我们继续丽贝卡的故事。你可以以这种方式接触英语:看录象,在教室,在家里和家人和朋友一起看。

Record the Video. There are books to use while you watch the program.

录下节目,还可以看书。在你看节目,可以用书做参考。

Make sure you read the instructions on how to use the book carefully.

你务必仔细阅读说明书的指引。

The programs are closed-captioned. Turn on your captioning for extra help in following the language.

本节目隐藏了字幕,阅读的过程中可以显示字幕作为辅助。

Talk about the program with your friends and family. And "Connect with English."
 

与你的朋友和家人讨论这个节目。这就是“用英语交流”。
 

打开APP阅读全文