立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第27集:Bad News 坏消息(一)

27-1 Bad News 1.jpg
Bad News 1

坏消息 1

What did the nurse say?

护士怎么说?

Dad's in pretty bad shape. She said to hurry back.

爸爸情况很糟。她要求我们赶回去。

Hello... I need a cab right away. It's an emergency.

你好…我马上需要个车。紧急情况。

Kevin... I'm sorry, we shouldn't be arguing at a time like this. We need each other.

凯文…我很抱歉,我们不该在这个时候吵架。我们需要对方。

Let me take you to your father. Before you see him there's something I want to tell you. Your father has just had another heart attack, and at this point it does not look good.

让我带你们到你父亲那去。在你们看到他之前,有些事我要告诉你们。你父亲刚刚又一次心脏病发作了,目前看来情况不好。

What are you saying? He made it through the first one...

你在说什么?他挺过了第一次…

Well… not entirely. And the second heart attack was more massive.

是的,…但不是全部。第二次发作面积更大。

Aren't there any new drugs you could give him?

就没有新药可以给他用?

There are new drugs, but they won't help... not in his current condition.I'm very sorry. You should probably notify any other members of the family.

有新药,但帮不了什么忙…就他目前的情况帮不了。我很抱歉。你应该通知家庭的其他成员。

Hello. I'm Father O'Connor.

你好。我是欧康纳神父。

Oh, Father, thank you for coming...

噢,神父,谢谢你来…

I want you to know I'm here for you and your family. Is this your father?

我想让你知道我来这儿是为了你和你家庭。是你父亲吗?

Yes.

是的。

Can we talk for a minute?

我们能谈一分钟吗?

Tell me about your father's condition.

告诉我你父亲的情况。

My father just had his second serious heart attack in the last two days.

我父亲在两天内心脏病发作了两次。

I'm so sorry… It must be very difficult for you. Are you very close to your father?

我很抱歉…这一定令你们很难过。你们和父亲很亲近吗?

Yes. Kevin lives with my dad. I did, too, until recently. We're all pretty close.

是的。凯文和我爸爸生活在一起。直到不久前,我也是。我们都很亲近。

And your mother...?

你母亲呢?…

My mother died of lung cancer almost twelve years ago.

我母亲死于肺癌,快12年了。

What a loss. Now, are there any other family members besides the two of you?

多可惜。现在,除了你们俩,还有其他家庭成员吗?

Not really. There are some relatives in Ireland, but we've never met them. We have a great aunt on my mother's side, and... uh, my father's brother, Brendan...

没有。在爱尔兰有些亲戚,但是我们从没见过他们。我们母亲那边有个很好的阿姨,还有…我父亲的兄弟,布莱登…

Oh, your father has a brother? Does he know your father's in the hospital?

噢,你父亲有个兄弟?他知道你父亲在医院吗?

No, he lives in Illinois. He has a farm there. My father and uncle don't talk to each other. They haven't for years.

不,他在伊利诺斯。他在那有个农场。我父亲和叔叔互相不说话。他们不说话有很多年了。

Maybe this is the time for them to make peace... Perhaps you should call him.

也许是让他们和解的时候了…也许你应该给他打电话。

I don't want to upset my father. Maybe Kevin and I need to talk before we do anything.

我不想让父亲生气。也许在做任何事前,凯文和我需要谈谈。

Give it some thought. I will begin my prayers for your father. God bless you.

想一想。我将开始为你父亲祈祷。上帝保佑你们。

Thanks, Father...

谢谢,神父。
 

打开APP阅读全文