立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第28集:Brothers 兄弟(三)

28-3 Brothers 3.jpg
Brothers 3

兄弟 3

Aunt Molly?... It's Rebecca. I have some sad news. Dad passed away this morning... a heart attack... Yes, it was a terrible shock... The wake is gonna be tomorrow, from six to nine... It's OK, Dad's friend, Frank Wells, will pick you up...

茉莉姨? … 我是丽贝卡。我有坏消息。我父亲今晨去世了 … 心脏病发作 … 是的,真是很震惊 … 明天守夜,6-9点 … 行,爸爸的朋友,法兰克·沃斯,去接您 …

Thank you.

谢谢。

Thanks.

谢谢。

Who's this guy?

这人是谁?

How thoughtful… He's a friend from San Francisco.

想的真周到 … 旧金山的一个朋友。

Uncle Brendan... And you must be Anne. Thank you for making the trip.

布莱登叔叔 … 你一定是安妮婶婶。谢谢你们特意赶来。

I'm very sorry about your father.

我为你父亲的事难过。

It all happened so fast... We can't believe it... Thank you for the flowers. They're... just beautiful.

全都发生得太快了 … 我们无法相信 … 谢谢你们的花。它们 … 真漂亮。

I don't know anyone here. Where's Kevin?

我不认识这里的任何人。凯文在哪?

Over there.

在那儿。

Excuse me...

请原谅,我失陪。

It was good you called Brendan. You did the right thing.

你打电话给布莱登很好。你做的对。

It's wrong for a family to be like that.

一个家庭这样是不对的。

I know. Brendan can be very stubborn... But I guess your father was, too.

我知道。布莱登很固执 … 我猜想你父亲也是。

How're you holding up, kid?

孩子,你坚持得怎么样?

Pretty good.

不错。

I don't know a soul here. Do you know who any of these people are?

我这儿谁也不认识。你认识这些人吗?

Not all... but some. That guy over there worked with Dad at the fire department. And that's Mrs. Peterson. She lives in our building. That guy over there, that's Frank Wells. He's a fireman, too. He's an old friend of Dad's.

不是全部 …只是一些。那边的男人和爸爸曾在消防队一起工作。那是皮特森太太。她住在我们楼。那儿的那个人,他是法兰克·沃斯。他也是消防队员。他是父亲的老朋友。

Oh, my God! I can't believe my eyes! Is that Molly over there?

噢,天哪!我不敢相信自己的眼睛!那是茉莉吗?

Aunt Molly. Yeah. Frank Wells picked her up at the retirement community.

茉莉姨妈。是的。法兰克·沃斯去退休社区接的她。

You know, we used to get Christmas cards from her... but I haven't seen her in I don't know how long...

你知道,我们以前总是收到她的圣诞卡 … 但是我已经好久没见她,我不知道有多长时间了 …

Brendan's so sad about losing his only brother, but at least they made peace before your father died.

布莱登对失去兄弟很难过,但至少在你父亲去世前他们和解了。

I was happy about that... Urn, can I ask you something?

我为此感到高兴 … 嗯,我能问你点事吗?

Yeah.

当然。

Dad never told me what their disagreement was about. Do you know?

爸爸从来没有告诉过我他们之间有什么分歧。你知道吗?

You mean... you don't know?

你是说 … 你不知道?

No.

不知道。

I think it would be better if Brendan told you himself...
 

我想还是让布莱登自己告诉你比较好 …
 

打开APP阅读全文