立即打开

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第30集:Life Goes On 继续生活(三)

30-3 Life Goes On 3.jpg
Life Goes On 3

继续生活 3

How much do the bills add up to?

加起来有多少帐单?

I don't know yet. Not all the doctor and hospital bills are covered by the HMO... And the funeral alone cost four thousand.

我还不知道。医疗健康组织不偿付全部的医院帐单 … 葬礼一项花费4千美元。

It cost how much... ? Four thousand dollars?

花了多少? … 4千美元?

You know you're supposed to get some money from Dad's disability policy... because you're under eighteen.

你知道你应该从爸爸的残疾单中得到一部分钱 … 因为你不到18岁。

That's good, but I won't be seventeen for long. How much is in the savings account?

那当然好,但是我很快就不是17岁了。银行储蓄帐户上有多少钱?

Not much... just a few hundred dollars.

不多 … 只有几百美元。

What about his insurance policy?

他的保险单如何?

What insurance?

什么保险?

I don't know. He used to talk about his insurance. I guess he had some insurance policy.

我不知道。他谈到过他的保险。我猜想他有些保险。

He never mentioned it to me. I don't think he liked to talk about things like that. Where would it be?

他从没和我说过。我想他不喜欢谈论类似的事情。保险单会在哪?

In his room?

在他房里?

It makes me sad to come in here.

走进这房间让我伤心。

These shirts must be twenty years old.

这些衬衣一定有20年了。

Maybe that's what he meant when he said 'waste not, want not' ... We could give some things to the Salvation Army.

也许这就是他说的“勿浪费,勿奢侈”… 我们可以把一些东西给救世军。

Look at this...

看看这个 …

Open it...

打开它 …

Some papers... a photo... our cousins in Ireland. Someday I'd like to go to Ireland.

一些文件 … 一张照片 … 我们在爱尔兰的堂兄妹。总有一天我想去爱尔兰。

They look like you, don't they? Everyone says I looked like Mom's side of the family.
 

他们看上去象你,不是吗?每个人都说我象妈妈家的人。
 

打开APP阅读全文