[精华推荐]为什么结婚后会发胖?

纵横美国/新世纪走遍美国第31集:A Box of Memories 保险箱的回忆(三)

cocotang 于2016-05-31发布 l 已有人阅读

31-3 A Box of Memories 3.jpg
A Box of Memories 3

保险箱的回忆 3

I mean, would you look at us! Are we rich, or what?

我的意思是,你看看我们俩!我们有钱了,还是怎么着?

Kevin, we're not rich. Dad's insurance money will barely pay for college for one of us. Not to mention the rent, and bills, and...

凯文,我们不富有。爸爸的保险金将仅够付我们其中一个人的大学学费。还不用说房租,帐单,和…

Are you kidding me?... Fifty thousand dollars! I could get a motorcycle... a laptop....

你跟我开玩笑?… 50000美元!我能得到辆摩托车… 一部手提电脑…

Kevin, try to remember why we're getting this money.

凯文, 试着想想为什么得到这笔钱。

I remember... So what are we gonna do?

我记得… 那么我们将做什么?

First, we cash in these savings bonds.

首先,我们将这些存款兑现。

Mm-hm.

嗯-嗯。

Next, we'll call the life insurance company and see how we can cash in the policy.

接下来,我们给保险公司打电话并看看我们能从保险单中获利多少。

Oh, no. One of those automated answering services.

哦,不。其中一个自动应答服务。

Yeah, where did all the human operators go?

呀,人工接线员去哪了?

They put me on hold. Maybe we should talk to Uncle Brendan and ask what would be better--CD or some other kind of investment.

他们让我等着。可能我们应该找布莱登叔叔问问怎样会更好---一个定期存款或一些其他的投资。

Yeah, especially for the big money from the insurance policy.

对, 尤其是从保险单中得到的一大笔钱。

Wait a minute.

等一下。

For information on redeeming an insurance policy, please press three now.

保险单赔偿信息,现在请按3。

Press three...

按3…

Hello...

你好…

Yes, hello... my father died recently and I'd like to cash in his insurance policy.

对,你好… 我父亲现已去世,我愿意兑现保额。

One moment. Can you hold, please?

请稍等,请不要挂线?

Yes, I can hold...

好,我等着…

Boy... beneficiary, fiduciary, underwriting. . . Every word they use is a mile long.

天哪 … 受益人,执行人 ,赔款… 他们用的每个词都太长。

I have a feeling this is gonna take some time...

我感到这件事将要费些时间…

Yes... yes, I understand. Can I have your name please? Joan... Thank you very much, Joan... Bye.

对 … 对,我明白了。请问您叫什么名字?琼… 非常感谢你,琼… 再见。

So?

怎么样?

It's not a big deal. They said we'd probably get the money in two to three months.

没什么大事。他们说我们可能将于2至3个月得到赔偿金。

One minute we're broke, and the next minute we're loaded.

前一分钟我们没钱,下一分钟我们又有钱了。

I'm exhausted.

我累死了。

Look, I've been thinking about what you were talking about...

看,我一直在想你们在谈什么…

Me too. I think that...

我也是。我想 …

Let me go first, OK?... Rebecca, I want you to go back to college. That's what Dad would want, too.

让我先说吧,好吗?丽贝卡,我希望你回学校。那也是爸爸希望的。

I've been doing some thinking, too. I've decided that I can't leave you here alone.

我也一直在想一些事情。我已经决定我不能让你一个人单独留在这里。

I know this is hard for you to believe, but I'm not a little kid anymore.

我知道这很难让你相信,但我已不再是小孩了。

Kevin, I don't think of you as a little kid, I...

凯文,我不认为你是小孩,我 …

Sure you do... Look, I've been talking to a few of my friends, and they all have jobs. Three of them want to move in here with me. We'd split the rent four ways.

当然 … 哦,我已和我的几个朋友谈过,他们都有工作。他们其中的3个人愿意搬来与我同住。我们四人平分房租。

Sounds like a great idea, but aren't these the same guys that got thrown out of that apartment on Gardener Street?

听起来是个好主意,但他们不就是那些被从园丁街公寓赶出来的同一帮人吗?

It wasn't their fault. The landlord was a creep.

那不是他们的错。房主很讨厌。

Sure. And what happens if you and your friends can't cover the rent?

对。那么如果你和你的朋友不能支付房租怎么办?

We'll pay the rent. You'll see.

我们能付房租,你等着瞧吧。

I don't think it's such a smart idea to live with these guys. It could lead to trouble.

我不认为与这帮人和住是一个聪明的主意。这将会有麻烦的。

That's what I'd be there for--to keep them in line.

这就是为什么我在那---去让他们规规矩矩的。

Oh, Kevin, be serious for once. I mean really...

哦,凯文,认真一次吧,我真的认为 …

'Kevin, what happens if you do this? Kevin, what happens if you do that?' When are you going to stop acting like my mother?

“凯文,如果你要这么做将会发生什么?凯文,如果你要那么做将会发生什么?”你什么时侯才能不像是我妈妈呢?

Kevin, let's not start that again.

凯文,别又开始争吵了。

No, let's get this out in the open, once and for all. You don't think I can do anything by myself. Rebecca, why don't you just go back to San Francisco and let me live my own life?

不,让我们敞开来谈谈,这一次也是最后一次。你不认为我能自己做好任何一件事。丽贝卡,为什么你不回旧金山,让我一个人过我的日子?

Kevin, I don't want to start another argument. I am too tired. I don't have time for this.

凯文,我不想开始另一番争吵。我太累了。我没时间争了。

Rebecca... admit it. You just don't want to go to San Francisco.

丽贝卡 … 承认吧。 你只是不想回旧金山。

Kevin, that's not it.

凯文,不是那样。

Sure it is. You're using me as an excuse because you don't want to go to college.

是那样。 你就用我做借口,因为你不想回大学去。

Kevin, I want to go back. I should be there. I need to be there for a hundred reasons.

凯文,我想回去。我应该回去。我有一百个理由应该回去。

Then go back, Rebecca, go back... I can take care of myself, believe it or not.

那就回去,丽贝卡,回去吧….我能好好照顾我自己,随你信不信。

You're all the family I have. We'll be thousands of miles apart.

你是我唯一的家人了。 我们相隔千里。

What's a few thousand miles? I mean, they have phones there, don't they?

仅仅几千英里而已?我的意思是,我们有电话,对不对?

Yeah, well... let me think about it...
 

对,好 … 让我想想 …

最新更新 >>更多

Copyright©小e英语网  All Rights Reserved 版权所有