Lesson 17 Whereabouts and Directions 位置和方向
plaza n. 广场；商业区
fountain n. 喷泉
Martian n. 火星人
scared a. 害怕的；吓坏的
271. Is ... here? ……在吗？
272. Where is ...? ……在哪里？
273. It's on the second floor. 在二楼。
274. It’s next to ... 在……旁边。
275. It’s right here. 就在这里。
276. He’s with ... 他正和……在一起。
277. He’s gone to ... 他去……了。
278. Here I am. 我在这里。
279. Where was ...? ……刚才在哪儿？
280. I was in the bathroom. 我刚才在洗手间。
281. She was here a few minutes ago. 她刚才还在这里。
282. Where are you going? 你要去哪里？
283. I’m going to ... 我正打算去……
284. We're on our way ... 我们正在……的路上。
285. Here comes ... ……来了。
286. Where can I find ...? ……在哪里？
287. What’s the room number? 房间号码是多少？
288. I don't know my way around ... 我对……不熟。
289. I got lost. 我迷路了。
290. Can you tell me where ... is? 请问……在哪里？
291. How can I get to ...? 去……怎么走？
292. How far is it to ...? 到……有多远？
293. It's quite a long walk from here. 从这里走到那里相当远。
294. It’s near here. 离这里很近。
295. It's round the corner. 就在附近。
296. Go down the street. 沿着街向前走。
297. Turn left at the first crossing. 第一个十字路口向左转。
298. It's to your left. 在你的左边。
299. Sorry,I'm new here. 对不起，我对这里不熟。
300. The campus bus can get you there. 你可以乘坐校园巴士去。
301. Where do you live? 你住在哪里？
302. What's your address? 你的住址在哪里？
303. I live at 3B, 552 Bush Street. 我住在布什大街552号三楼B座。
304. He lives in the neighborhood. 他住在附近。
305. What's the zip code? 邮政编码是多少？
Yamamoto: Can you tell me where the Japanese Garden is?
Bill: It's quite a long walk from here. Why don't you take the Fair bus? It stops right over there, in the Plaza of Nations. Between the statue and the fountain.
从这里走到那边相当远, 您不妨搭乘博览会公车, 它就停在那边, 在广场里的 雕像和喷水池之间.
Yamamoto: The statue? Excuse me, I don't see as well as I used to.
雕像啊? 对不起, 我不像以前看得那么清楚.
Ali: Hi, Mr. O'Neill.
Bill: Oh, hi, Ali. 哦, Would you do me a favor?
Bill: Would you take this gentleman to the bus stop over there?
Ali: Sure. Hi. Where do you want to go?
好, 嗨, 你要去那里?
Bill: The gentleman wants to go to the bus stop, Ali.
Ali: But where are you going after that?
Bill: He asks a lot of questions.
Ali: My father says I shouldn't ask so many questions. He says it's not polite. So I'm sorry. But I still want to know.
我爸爸说我不该问这么多问题, 他说这样不礼貌. 所以我道歉, 但是我还是想知道.
Mrs. Nikzad: Ali, my little Martian. Where were you? Why didn't you tell me where you were going? You've been gone three hours! Mr. Yamamoto, I can't thank you enough for bringing him back. What happened, Ali? Where were you? I was so worried.
阿里, 我的小火星人, 你到哪里去了? 你为什么不告诉我你要去哪里? 你已出去三个钟头了! 山本先生, 你把他带回来了, 我真感激不尽. 阿里, 到底发生了什么事? 你到哪里去了? 我多么耽心.
Ali: Don't cry, Mommy. I won't do it again. I promise. Don't cry. I just went to Mr. Yamamoto's store to invite him to my party. It takes too long to invite people by mail. I got lost. I started walking, and then I didn't know where I was. So I asked people to help me find Mr. Yamamoto's store. Some people said, "Turn left," and some people said, "Turn right," and sometimes I forgot what they said. But I didn't get scared! I kept saying to myself, "You're almost seven!" Anyway, all of a sudden, I was right there in front of Mr. Yamamoto's store. It was like magic! And Mr. Yamamoto can come to my party. I asked him.
不要哭了, 妈! 我不会再犯了. 我答应你. 不要哭了. 我只是到山本先生的店里去请他参加我的派对. 因为写信邀请人太慢. 我迷路了. 我开始走路, 然后不知道自己在哪里. 所以我请别人帮助我找山本先生的商店. 有的人说: "往左转," 也有的人说: "往右转," 有时候我忘了他们说什么. 可是我并不害怕! 我一直对自己说: "你快七岁了!" 反正我忽然间, 来到了山本先生商店的门口. 就像在变魔术一样! 山本先生可以参加我的派对, 我已经问过他了.
Yamamoto: You should have seen him, Mrs. Nikzad. When Ali found the store, he may have been shaking a little, but he wouldn't cry. He's a brave boy.
可惜你没有看到, 尼克萨德太太. 当阿里找到我的店的时候, 虽然似乎有一点发抖, 但他坚决不哭. 他是个很勇敢的小男孩.