立即打开

珍妮·约瑟夫诗歌代表作:我的老年生活预告

03 老年生活.jpg
Warning By Jenny Joseph.

珍妮·约瑟夫:预告

Antonin Dvorak - Waltz No.1 Op.54

背景音乐:安东尼·德沃夏克-圆舞曲一号Op.54

Helena Bonham Carter

朗读:海伦娜·博纳姆·卡特

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple

等成了老太婆,我要穿一身紫袍

With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

戴一顶不协调、不般配的红帽

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

我要把养老金拿来买白兰地和防晒手套

And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.

外加一双缎子鞋,还说我们没钱买黄油

I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired

累了就往马路上一坐

And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

狼吞虎咽吃商店送的样品,按警报

And run my stick along the public railings

边走边拿棍子把公共栏杆刷

And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

弥补年轻那会儿的清醒

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

我要靸着拖鞋去雨里泡

And pick flowers in other people's gardens

到别人园子里去采花草

And learn to spit.

还要学着吐唾沫

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

你可以穿不像样的衬衣,长得更胖

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go

一口吃下三磅腊肠

Or only bread and pickle for a week

也可以仅用面包和泡菜打发一星期

And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

把钢笔铅笔酒杯垫子统统藏到箱子里

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

可眼下我们必须要衣服保持干爽

And pay our rent and not swear in the street

必须交房租,不得在街上骂骂咧咧

And set a good example for the children.

必须为孩子们树立一个好榜样

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

我们必须请朋友吃饭,还须看报

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

不过或许我现在应该练一会儿?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

这样,等我突然老了,开始穿紫袍

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

认识我的人便不至于吓一跳

打开APP阅读全文