A wedding ceremony will be a reflection of the bride and groom. It can be simple or elaborate, but there are ways to save money on many different things such as the bridal shower invitations, wedding jewelry, wedding cakes, and wedding cake toppers. Below you will find additional ways to save even more.
1.Have your ceremony at the same place where your reception will be held.
2.Make your own ring bearer pillow. You can do this by taking a small white pillow and adding pretty satin ribbon and lace to it.
You can save money by purchasing your own flower girl baskets. Add lace, ribbons, and or bows to it. You could ask your florist if you could borrow a basket, and add accents to it.
3.Renting a bridal gown will save money off the retail price.
Buy a second hand bridal gown.
Look for clearance bridal gowns.
Borrow a bridal gown from a friend or family member.
4. Negotiate having your hair done by your beautician for free if you bring her some or all of the females in your bridal party.
Do the same for having your makeup applied.
5. Lower the amount of money in photography, by paying for the photographs only and then putting them into a photo album yourself. To save money even more, find a photographer who specializes in weddings and will charge a flat fee to shoot the wedding and allow you to purchase and develop the film yourself.
Also consider a company that offers both photography and videography in a package.
6. Some videographers charge extra for titles and subtitles.
Limit the amount of titles and subtitles that are edited into your video after the filming.
Avoid paying for extra hours, by calculating the maximum number of hours you think you will need and negotiate those hours into the price of the package.
7. Serve hors d' oeuvres buffet style at the reception. Guest will eat less and select what they want; Instead of being served what they would not have chosen for themselves in the beginning.
8. Find out if there will be another wedding in the church, the same day you will get married. If so, ask if you could perhaps share the cost of the floral decorations.
9. If the caterer will allow, serve nonalcoholic drinks only, and buy your own liquor from a wholesaler.
10. The gift attendant is responsible for watching over your wedding gifts during the reception, so no one will steal or mishandle them. Ask a responsible young person from your neighborhood or a co-workers child to watch over your gifts at the reception for a small fee.
Borrow a cake top from a friend or family member.
11.Make your own table centerpieces.