立即打开

听故事学日常英语短语2 第02课 对话和故事

Dialog

对话

At a coffee shop

在咖啡店

Alice: How did your date last night turn out?

你昨晚的约会结果如何?

Carol: It was O.K. We got along with each other, but I didn't feel any attraction for him.

我们相处得很好,但我对他毫无兴趣。

Alice: What do you mean?

这话怎么说?

Carol: He was a nice guy, but not my type. I am not crazy about a man who spends his whole day with a computer. I prefer someone who is more of a "people person."

他是个好人,但不是我喜欢的类型。我不喜欢整天和电脑打交道的人。我更喜欢和人打交道的人。

Alice: Computer programmers make a lot of money, Carol.

计算机程序员挣很多钱,卡罗尔。

Carol: You have a point, Alice. Actually, he does work for a very large company.

你说的有道理,爱丽丝。事实上,他在一家大公司工作。

Alice: Is he handsome?

他长得帅吗?

Carol: We took a picture together at one of those funny photo booths. Here, take a look at him for yourself.

我们一起在一个有趣的照相亭拍了一张照片。来,你自己看。

Alice: That's him? Oh, never mind, Carol. You can do better than that!

这是他吗?哦,没关系,卡罗尔。你可以找到更好的!

Idioms In Context

上下文中的习语

I usually get along with everyone at my office. Recently however, the woman who sits across from me bought a new cell phone. She was crazy about it. More often than not, she was chatting with her friends. It was very difficult to concentrate on work. One afternoon, we all decided to call it a day and go out for dinner. However, we made the woman promise not to bring her cell phone into the restaurant.

我通常和办公室里的每个人都处得很好。然而最近,坐在我对面的一位女士买了一部新手机。她为之疯狂。她经常和朋友们聊天。很难集中精力工作。一天下午,我们都决定结束工作,出去吃晚饭。然而,我们让这位女士承诺不把她的手机带进餐厅。

Do you think you'll survive without it? I joked to her.

“离了手机你就不能活了吗?”我调侃她说。

No problem, she said.

“当然可以,”她答道。

The evening was fun but it was getting late so we wrapped up dinner and left the restaurant. I was the last to leave and just as I was getting into my car, a waiter came running up to me.

那天晚上很有趣,但时间已经很晚了,所以我们结束了晚餐,离开了餐馆。我是最后一个离开的,正当我要上车时,一个服务员向我跑来。

I found this purse at your table! he said. I took a look at it.

“我在你们的桌子上发现了这个钱包!”他对我说道。我看了一眼钱包。

That's my co-worker's purse, I said.

“那是我同事的钱包,”我说。

Why don't you call and leave a message on her answering machine, the waiter suggested. "You can use the phone in the restaurant."

“你为什么不打个电话,在她的答录机上留言呢?”服务员建议道。“你可以用餐厅的电话。”

We went inside. I was about to dial her home number when I had an idea. "Never mind leaving a message on her machine. I'll call her cellular phone. That way, she can drive back before she gets all the way home."

我们进了餐厅。我正准备拨她家里的电话号码时想到了一个主意。“不需要在她的答录机上留言了。我给她打手机。这样,她就不用回家后再赶过来了。”

You have a good point! the waiter said.

“你说得有道理!”服务员说。

When I called her cellular phone, a ringing noise came from her purse. It turned out that her phone was in her purse the whole time!

我拨通她的手机后,她的钱包里响了起来。原来她的手机一直放在她的钱包里!

打开APP阅读全文