1. Tom is on his way home.
2. Susan was on edge at the dentist's office.
3. Tom was also on pins and needles.
4. John is in love with Jane.
1. The plan is on the shelf.
2. Susan is under doctor's orders to cut down on sweets.
3. John has been in touch with some old friends.
4. You are on the ropes.
1. John is in a big hurry at the moment.
2. I'm so out of shape this year.
3. David's striped shirts are out of vogue.
4. The matter is under discussion.
5. I'm under Dr. Brown's care.
6. The disease was spreading, and the town's children were at risk.
7. You're out of your mind.
8. Jane is on a diet.
9. Are you in line?
10. John said that under the influence of alcohol.