立即打开

BBC成语: Monkey business可不是猴子的生意哦

Monkey idioms

与猴子有关的英语成语

In this episode, The Teacher introduces you to three idiomatic phrases connected with monkeys.

在本集BBC英语成语老师中,我们要学习三个和猴子有关的英语习惯用语。

1. To monkey around

闲逛、鬼混,胡闹;虚度时间

2. Monkey business

骗人的把戏;欺骗;恶作剧

3. To make a monkey out of someone

捉弄;使某人出丑,耍弄(或愚弄,戏弄,嘲弄)某人

Hello, I'm a very interesting and intelligent man.

大家好,我是一个非常有趣又睿智的人。

And today these baboons and I will be monkeying around to teach you a thing or two about English.

今天这些狒狒和我将会教你一两招英语。

I bet you've never been taught by a monkey before.

我敢打赌,你绝对没有猴子给你当老师的经历。

We'll be monkeying around.

我们就是在胡闹。

Hmm, to monkey around... What do you think that could mean?

嗯哼,那你觉得“to monkey around”会是什么意思呢?

In English, 'to monkey around' means to behave in a silly or careless way. Pen!

在英语中,“to monkey around”的意思是举止愚蠢或漫不经心。笔。

To monkey around.

滑稽。

Like him. And me.

像他和我一样。

Anyway, down to some serious business. The English language.

好吧,严肃点。英语。

What a wonderful thing... The language of Shakespeare, the language of...

是一种多么美妙的事, 莎士比亚所用的语言,.....的语言。

Please stop talking, I'm trying to teach.

别讲话了,我在上课呢。

Where was I? ... English, the language of ...

说到哪儿了?哦,英语----....的语言。

Are you eating now?! Enough of this monkey business! That's right. In English, we can call bad or dishonest behaviour 'monkey business'.

你在吃东西吗?胡闹够了么!没错,在英语中,我没称不好的事物或不诚实的行为为“monkey business”。

Monkey business.

胡闹,骗人的把戏

Hello it's me, the Teacher! I bet you didn't recognise me for a minute.

你好,是我,英语成语老师!我打赌,你肯定半天都没认出我。

What's the matter? What do you mean I'm not taking this seriously?

什么事?你说我 不把这当回事是几个意思?

I know you're a hard-working student of English. Don't worry, I'm not trying to make a monkey out of you.

我知道你十分刻苦的学习英语。 别担心,我绝对没有捉弄你。

In English, if we're trying to make someone look stupid we can say we're making a monkey out of them.

在英语中,如果我们试图让某人看起来很蠢,我们就可以说我们在“making a monkey out of them” 。

To make a monkey out of someone.

捉弄;使某人出丑,耍弄(或愚弄,戏弄,嘲弄)某人

The only person round here I'm making a monkey out of is me.

我真正在捉弄的人的唯有我自己。

打开APP阅读全文