立即打开

BBC: Silver-tongued银舌? 三寸不烂之舌口才好

Colour Idioms - Silver

颜色习语-银色

In this episode, The Teacher introduces you to three idiomatic phrases connected with the colour silver.

这节课,老师教大家三个和银色相关的习语。

1. Born with a silver spoon in your mouth

1.出身富贵。

2. Silver-tongued

2.能言善辩的

3. Every cloud has a silver lining

3.乌云背后总有一片阳光

Hello, I'm a very interesting and intelligent king.

哈喽,我是个聪明幽默的国王。

And today this spoon, these clouds, this tongue and this silver will be getting together to teach you some English idioms.

今天,我带着这些勺子,云朵和这个舌头,以及这个银色一起来教大家学几个英语习语。

I bet you've never been taught by some silver before.

我敢说没人之前上过这样的课吧。

As you can see, I have a silver spoon in my mouth.

大家可以看到,我嘴里含着一个银勺子。

I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.

我是含着银勺子出生的。

I'm the King of English.

我是英国国王。

In English, if you have a high social position and have been rich all your life, we say you were 'born with a silver spoon in your mouth.'

在英语中,如果社会地位尊贵并且终其一生腰缠万贯,我们可以说‘born with a silver spoon in your mouth.’

Born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

出生富贵。

The only problem is, it's done something to my tongue...

唯一的问题是,这对我的舌头不好...

You know you really are very, very good students.

你们真是非常非常好的学生。

Yes, you are. You're wonderful. And your English is MAGNIFICENT.

没错,你们是的。你们很棒,你们能说一口漂亮的英语。

If you send just 5 pounds every month to me... I could make your English even better...

如果你能每个月给我5英镑...我会让你们的英语变得更好...

Yes, I am silver-tongued.

没错,我很能言善辩。

In English, we call someone who speaks in such a pleasant way they can make other people do things for them, silver-tongued.

在英语中,那些能言善辩者可以称为silver-tongued.

Silver-tongued.

能言善辩的。

I love tennis. Especially on a beautiful sunny day!

我喜欢网球,尤其是在美丽的晴天。

Oh no, clouds. Looks like rain. Oh well, I suppose instead of playing tennis I'll go home and watch my Mr Bean DVDs.

哦不,乌云密布了。好像要下雨了。好吧,看来网球打不了了,我还是回家看《憨豆先生》吧。

Yes...Every cloud has a silver lining.

对了...没有绝对的坏事。

In English, if there is a situation which seems bad but in fact has some advantage to it, we say 'Every cloud has a silver lining'.

在英语中,我们用‘Every cloud has a silver lining’表达看起来糟糕但实际却是有转机的情况。

Every cloud has a silver lining.

乌云背后总有一片阳光。

Well, that's the end of the lesson. But at least it means you won't be seeing me any more.

好了,下课了。但至少大家再也不用看到我了。

Every cloud has a silver lining!

乌云背后总有一片阳光。

打开APP阅读全文