立即打开

BBC: A heart of gold 善良的心 如金子般贵重

Colour Idioms - Gold

颜色习语-金色

In this episode, The Teacher introduces you to three idiomatic phrases connected with the colour gold.

这节课,老师教大家三个和金色相关的习语。

1. As good as gold.

1.好到极点;很乖

2. A heart of gold.

2.菩萨心肠;道德高尚的人

3. Worth its weight in gold.

3.非常有价值

Hello, I'm a very interesting, and intelligent and rich man.

哈喽,我是个幽默聪明的富人。

Not really.

也算不上是。

And today this gold and I will be getting together to teach you some English idioms.

今天我带着这些金子一起教大家几个英语习语。

I bet you've never been taught by some gold before!

我敢说没人上过这样的课吧!

And now... a metallurgy lesson.

好了...冶金学课开始了。

Gold is... good.

黄金...是好东西。

Ah. My boss's dog, Brian.

啊,我老板的狗狗布莱恩。

He asked me to look after him while he went away on holiday.

他去度假前叮嘱我帮忙照看的。

My boss says Brian's as good as gold.

他说布莱恩很乖的。

But I'm not so sure.

但我不确定是不是这样。

In English, if someone - usually a child, or a pet, is very well-behaved, we say they're as good as gold.

在英语中,如果某个—通常是小孩或宠物行为乖巧,我们可以说they’re as good as gold.

As good as gold.

很乖。

There you are Brian, good dog...Ah!

你来了,布莱恩,好狗狗...啊!

Argh! Brian! Brian! Get down! No! Let go, Brian! Sit! Sit! Argh! Roll over! No, lay down Brian! ARGHGHGH!

啊!布莱恩!布莱恩!趴下!不!放开,布莱恩!坐下!坐下!这就对了!翻个身!不,躺下,布莱恩!啊!

Have you met my sister?

你们见过我妹妹吗?

She's a lovely girl, but I don't know why... nobody seems to like her.

她很可爱,但我不知道为什么...好像没有人喜欢她。

She's so kind and helpful...

她人很善良,又乐于助人...

...that's right. She's got a heart of gold.

...没错,她就是菩萨心肠。

In English, if someone is very kind and helpful, we say they've got a heart of gold.

在英语中,我们用got a heart of gold描述善良和乐于助人的人。

A heart of gold.

菩萨心肠。

And next in our lesson on gold....

接下来一个关于金子的...

Gold is... heavy...and... valuable.

金子...又重又值钱。

Um, what IS the time, by the way?

额,顺便问一下,几点了?

Ah, thank you.

啊,谢谢。

Clocks are SO useful, aren't they? In fact, they're worth their weight in gold.

钟表真是个好东西,对吧?真是非常有用处。

In English, if something is extremely useful, we say it's worth its weight in gold.

在英语中,如果某物很有用处,我们可以说it’s worth its weight in gold.

Worth its weight in gold.

非常有用。

Like my lessons. They're worth their weight in gold.

我的课程也是,很有用。

What do you mean, my lessons are very lightweight?!

你说什么?你说我的课无足轻重?!

打开APP阅读全文