立即打开

BBC: Paint the town red不是把城镇涂成红色哦,而是....

Colour Idioms - Red

颜色习语-红色

In this episode, The Teacher introduces you to three idiomatic phrases connected with the colour red.

这节课,老师教大家三个和红色相关的习语。

1. Paint the town red

1.狂欢

2. Catch someone red-handed

2.逮个正着

3. Like a red rag to a bull

3.使人极其愤怒的

Hello. I'm a very interesting and intelligent man.

哈喽,我是个幽默聪明的人。

And today the colour red and I are getting together to teach you some English idioms.

今天我带了这些红色来一起教大家几个英语习语。

I bet you've never been taught by the colour red before!

我敢说没人上过这样的课吧!

Are you REDy to be taught by the colour red. Get it? REDy to be taught!? Get it?!

大家准备好了吗?红色要来给大家上课了。明白了吗?准备好了吗?!明白了吗?!

No. I'm not doing that joke again.

不,这个笑话我只讲一遍。

You see, I'm actually a very serious man.

你们知道的,我实际上是个很严肃的人呢。

Here I am meeting the Queen's husband at Buckingham Palace to receive my award.

这是我在白金汉宫接受英女王丈夫颁奖的照片。

I did celebrate afterwards...a little... well, a lot.

颁奖之后我庆祝了一下...就一下...好吧,我疯狂地庆祝了。

That's right. I painted the town red.

没错,我狂欢了一阵。

In English, if you go out to celebrate something, usually while drinking a lot of alcohol, we say "I painted the town red."

在英语中,如果外出庆祝,并且通常会喝很多酒时,我们可以说“I painted the town red.”

I painted the town red.

狂欢。

Perhaps a little too red...

或许有点太疯狂了...

After the party I took some friends back to the office and... some of my boss's champagne.

庆祝结束后,我带了几个朋友回公司,而且...我还拿了老板的香槟。

The trouble was... he was still working... in the next room.

问题是...当时老板就在隔壁...还没下班。

That's right. He caught me red-handed.

没错,我被他逮了个正着。

In English, if you find someone doing something bad or illegal while they are doing it, we say: 'I caught him red-handed'.

在英语中,发现某人正在干坏事时,我们可以说‘I caught him red-handed’.

I caught him red-handed.

我把他逮了个正着。

Ah, bulls.

啊,牛。

Lovely, friendly animals, aren't they?

它们都是可爱又友好的动物,对吧?

But not... if you do this!

但如果这样对它们...那可就不一样了。

That's right. It's like a red rag to a bull.

没错。这是在激怒它。

In English, if you do something that is certain to create an angry response, we say it's like a red rag to a bull.

在英语中,如果某个行为肯定会让别人生气,我们可以说 it’s like a red rag to a bull.

It's like a red rag to a bull

激怒。

I'm outta here!

我走了!

打开APP阅读全文