立即打开

美语习惯用语27: by the book 完全照章办事

When I said I would move to New York, she offered me the job on the spot.

当我说我要搬到纽约去时,她当场就给了我那份工作。

(on the spot means immediately)

(on the spot指立即)

When my mom bought me a computer, I was on cloud nine.

我妈妈给我买电脑的时候,我高兴极了。

(on cloud nine means very happy)

(on cloud nine指非常高兴)

You all look tired. Let's call it a day.

你们看起来都很累。今天就到此为止吧。

(call it a day means stop working)

(call it a day 指到此为止)

You don't have to do this totally by the book.

你不必完全照章办事。

(by the book means follow instructions exactly)

(by the book指完全照章办事)

You're going to jump down from that ledge? Are you out of your gourd?

你要从那个窗台上跳下去?你疯了吗?

(out of your gourd means crazy)

(out of your gourd 指发疯)

打开APP阅读全文