1. Learn these expressions how to plan.
2. Study the words: director, comedy, line, intend so on.
1.a tape recorder 2.a projector 3.the blackboard
Step I Lead-in
1.The T and the Ss make up a dialogue
T: What do you do in your spare time everyday?
S1…… S2…… S3……
T: What do you plan to do this weekend?
S1: I plan to….
S2: I want to ……
S3: I’d like to ……
Step II Listening
Get the Ss to listen to the dialogue and then answer the question:
What does this director plan to do next? ( He is going to direct a comedy. )
Step III Reading
Get the Ss to read the dialogue and find the answers to these questions. The T shows the following questions on the screen.
1. What does a director do at the very beginning?
2. How long do they usually spend pracitising the play?
3. What kind of plays does the director love very much?
4. What is very important for the director?
1. The director chooses a play and actors.
2. for several weeks doing their practice.
3. The director loves comedies very much.
4. The timing is very important.
Step IⅤ Language points
Get the Ss to underlined these useful expressions. Give them some explanations if necessary.
1. at the very beginning 2. at the end of 3. practise doing sth. 4. put on a play/performances 5. intend to do 6 not only… but also…
Step V Oral practice
1. Get the Ss to read the dialogue in pairs. You may wish to ask one pair to act the scene in front of the class.
2 SB Part 2. P. 25. Get the Ss to work in pairs. One is a journalist, the other is a director, using the questions on the left. Demonstrate the question and answer practice with a good student.
J: What do you do in the theatre?
D: I’m an director. I direct a play.
J: What are you doing at present?
D: We are practising doing a play.
J: What do you enjoy doing most of all?
D: I enjoy directing dancing.
J: What are your plans for the future?
D: I intend to direct another comedy. I hope to put on the play next year.
Step Ⅵ Exercise
Do WB Ex 2 P. 93 Complete the dialogue in pairs. Then check the answers with the whole class and ask the Ss to read aloud.
Step Ⅶ Homework
1. Finish off the Workbook exercises.
2.Preparation Lesson 18.