Teaching Aims and Demands
1.Learn the history of coins.
2.Learn the useful expressions:
hand out, look round, collection. mine, whenever, hide.
Step 1 Revision
1. Check the homework exercises.
2. Revise the dialogue in SB Lesson 21.
1) Ask the students to recite and act out the dialogue.
2) Change the dialogue into a short passage.
Step 2 Discussion
Look at the picture and read through the questions:
1. Which of the following do you collect: stamps, coins or postcards? Anything else?
2. How many different kind of coin can you think of?
3. Do you want to know more about coins?
Step 3 Reading
2. Go through the Ex.1 and make sure the students know the questions. Let them read the whole passage carefully and answer the questions, working in pairs. Check the answers with whole class.
3. Not making. Get the students to read the whole passage again and make notes. Let them do this exercise individually, then compare their note with their partners.
Step 4 Dealing with the language points
1. Later, another type of coin was used, with holes in it, and these were used for the next 2000 years, that is, from 221 BC until 1916.
With n. 介词短语, 作定语或状语.
They used to live in a wooden house, with trees round it.
She came to a little river with green grass and red flowers on both sides.
The teacher came in with some books in his hand.
He is deep in thought, with his head in his hands.
2. Coins may be of different sizes, weights, and shapes and of different metals.
The meeting is great of importance..
This medicine is of no use.
The work is of great importance.
The soldiers are almost of the same height.
The soldiers are almost ( of ) the same height.
The earth is ( of ) the shape of an orange.
The two pens are of the same size, but they are different in color.
3. The earliest coins in the west were made of gold mixed with silver.
The young man dressed in blue is our manager.
Step 4 Practice
1. Play the tape for the students to listen and follow.
1. Part 4. Go through the example and the first two sentences orally and let the students do this exercise individually. Check the answers with the whole class.
2. Part 5. Make sure the students know the special use of the verbs in the exercise and let them do it individually. Ask them to remember the verbs that must be followed by v-ing.
I missed Mr. Black Peef. 我思念布莱克·皮夫先生.
I---imagine B---be busy doing m---miss
a---avoid i---insist c---consider s---suggest
k---keep s---stop P---practise e---enjoy
e---escape d---delay e---excuse M---mind
1. Ex.2. Get the students to read it. Discuss the answers in pairs. Then call out Ss to read the whole passage aloud to the rest of the students.
2. Ex.3. Write down the root words on the Bb. Then get the Ss to add endings to them, and tell the meaning and part of speech of each word.
3. Ex.4. Do it with the whole class.
Step 5 Homework
1.Retell the passage in your own words.
2.Review Lesson 23.