1. learn lesson 26 to get the brief ideas of canada, such as the size, the weather, the history, the agriculture, energy, geography, and the language.
2. the students are required to answer the questions raised both by the teacher and in the passage.
1.a tape recorder 2.a projector 3.the blackboard 4. computer 5. ohp(overhead projector高射投影仪)
step i revision
1. check the homework exercises.
2. revise the dialogue in lesson 25 by asking the ss to act out their dialogue.
3. get the ss to do some oral work with the key words and sentence patterns in lesson 25.
1) t shows a map of canada, asking and answering the following questions.
1.where is canada located?
2.what is the capital of canada?
step Ⅲ listening and watching
please watch the video and ask the following questions.
1.is canada larger or smaller than china?
2.is there plenty of fresh water in canada?
read the text again, then tell whether the sentences are true or false.
1.canada is the largest country in the world.
2.canada covers 6 of the world’s 24 time areas
3.both french and english are spoken in canada.
4.settlers from france reached canada earlier than those from england.
5.english and french settlers fought against each other for a long time because they spoke different languages.
6.the passage seems to suggest that if you speak only english in the province where french is spoken, you’ll have no trouble in talking with others.
7.one third of the world’s water supply is found in canada.
step v word study
find words or phrases in the text which men the same as the following:
1.the space between two places_________
3. a person who goes to live in a new country__________
4.to fight hard against someone or something___________
5.the temperature at which water changes to ice_________
6. a lot of __________________
7. usual, ordinary, found in nature________
8. to make use of___________
get the ss to read the passage carefully, paying attention to the correct way of saying the population, the size, the temperatures, and then get the ss to answer the following.
step vii practice
1. get the ss to do sb page 39, part 3 word study. first explain to them what they have to do, then let them do this exercise individually and check their answers.
2. ask the ss to do sb page 39 part 4, following the example and doing it in pairs and check their answers at the end.
3. get the ss to do note making and discussion. first make sure that the ss know what to do, then ask them to do note making individually and do the discussion in pairs or in groups.
step viii further practice
1)t organizes the ss to divide several groups, talk about the topic is what’s the most impression of the canada for you? t gives them a few minutes to change their ideas ,then ask a group to talk in front of the class.
2) according to the text, t let them work individually at this time, then t asks several ss to say about it.same as china
different from chinalarge land
canada has 2 official languages
step ix workbook
1). lesson 26ex.2. helps ss revise the information about canada and english numbers. after finishing their pair work, some of the ss may be asked to read aloud the whole passage to the rest of the whole class.
2).before doing ex 3, revise the phrases in the box by doing chinese - english translation. then open books. let the ss do the exercise in pairs and finally check the answers with the whole class.
the t gives the ss a topic. let the ss work in group and talk together.
what’s the most impression of the canada for you? why?
canada is the second largest country in the world, which covers about a quarter of the world's land area. the population of canada is very small, and it is less than 3 million. people in canada mainly speak french and english. the weather in canada is quite different from area to area. especially in the north, it is very cold in winter, and the temperature can fall to-60℃. there are many lakes in canada, which supply it with one third of the world's fresh water. the water has been used to produce much electricity for canada. canada also has many forests, which makes it the biggest producer of paper in the world. besides these, canada also has many other beautiful things. so it is really a beautiful country. i hope that one day you can visit it yourselves.
step xii homework
1. finish off the exercises left.
2. preparation lesson 27.