1. Practise the dialogue.
2. Study the uses of same of the modal verbs.
3. Study the language points in the lesson.
4. Do the discussion practice in Part 2.
1.a tape recorder 2.a projector 3.the blackboard
Step I Lead-in
The T show a picture and ask this question. After that the T tells them what do we learn today?
If you meet some road accidents, what would you do in such a situation?
Step II Watch and Listen
Let’s watch and listen the dialogue. After that , you are going to answer two questions.
1. What was the accident?
2. What did the girl injure?
Get two Ss to answer the questions. Check the answers.
1. A child ran into the street and knocked a girl off her bicycle.2). Her knee hurts, her knees and her head hurt too.
Step III Reading
1.Give the Ss a few more minutes to read the dialogue carefully. Then give them a few questions
(1)Why does Susan not agree to carry the girl to the side of the road?
1) Who do you think will come in a moment? Why?
2) What was the girl going to do?
Answers:1)Probably Susan has learned something about first aid. People mustn’t move someone if they are badly hurt. They should leave the person where he or she is.
(2) Some doctors and nurses will come. Because Chen Wei has just called the First Aida Centre.
(3) The girl was going go cook supper for her grandmother.
Step IⅤ Practice
1. Put the following sentences on the Bb. Get them to pay more attention when they are practising the dialogue.
We must carry her to the side of the road.
You shouldn’t move someone if they are badly hurt.
You should/ shouldn’t…
I ought to go home.
I have to cook supper for my grandmother.
2. Get the Ss to practise the first half of the dialogue, encourage some pairs to do it in class. Then get them to do group work, practising the second half of the dialogue, ask some groups to do it in front of the class.
Step V Performance
Give them topic and ask them prepare it for a while. After that they performance in front of the class.
You saw a runner falling down on the ground. You ran over to see what’s wrong. He was hurt badly. So make a dialogue with your partner and how to deal with it.
Step VI Homework
1. Do Ex. 2, Picture in the Workbook as written work. .Do Ex. 4.
2. Preview Lesson 30.