1. learn about some more about first aid.
2. finish reading two passages in lesson 30.
3. study the language points of lesson 30.
4. practise using the patterns: you must…/ you mustn’t …/ you should always…/ you should never…
5. finish off the exercises in workbook lesson 30.
1.a tape recorder 2.a projector 3.the blackboard 4.computer 5. ohp(overhead projector高射投影仪)
step 1 revision
1. check the homework exercises. ask the ss to describe the pictures in wb lesson 29, ex. 2.
2. revise the dialogue in lesson 29.
step 2 lead-in
1.show the ss pictures at the head of the text and discuss the pictures.
1).do you what’s first aid?
2).why is first aid important in our daily life?
step 3 extensive reading
give the ss a few minutes to do the fast reading of the text. and then answer the following questions.
1.what should you do if you find a person who has stopped breathing?
2. what do you think is the best thing to do to make a person breathe again when he / she cannot breathe?
3. what should you do to a person who is bleeding badly? why?
key:1.you must try to start his / her breathing at once.
2.you must use the mouth-to-mouth way.
3. you must try to stop the bleeding. because if the person loses one third of his / her blood, he / she may die.
step 4 listening
play the tap of recorder and ask the ss to listen once or twice .after that ,they answer the questions.
1. what should you do when a person is bitten by an animal?
2. what must you do if a person is badly burnt?
3. how do you deal with a simple cut ?
key: 1.wash the wound under cold running water.
2.wash the area of the burn and cover it. see a doctor if a child has been burnt or if more than10% of the body has been burnt.
3. it is only necessary to wash the area of the cut.
step 5 intensive reading
give them a few more minutes to do further reading. then answer the questions one by one and make sure that they can answer them correctly.
1. first aid is usually given to somebody by a doctor or a nurse.
2. if a person can breathe, we should make sure there is no food at the back of the mouth.
3.if a person is not breathing, we must lay him on his back and leave him where he is.
4.when a person is bleeding badly, we should press our hands onto the bleeding point.
5.when a person is bitten by an animal, we should wash the wound under cold running water.
6.if a person is burnt , we ought to cool the area of the skin at once. see a doctor if a child has been burnt.
7.if a person has got a cut, we ought to wash the area of the cut and put a dry clean cloth on the cut.
8.young children should never get close to pools, lakes and rivers.
key: f, t, f, f, t, ,t, t,f
step 6 summary
put up two tables on the bb, showing the notes of the three important things to do and the three pieces of advice on dealing with common injuries.
three important things to do
check that the person can breathe.
try to start the breathing.
try to stop the bleeding at once.
wash the wound under cold running water.
see a doctor as soon as possible.
cool the area of skin at once. put dry clean cloth over the area of the burn. see a doctor.
wash the area of the cut, dry it and cover it with dry clean cloth.
step 6 watch the video
ask the ss to watch video about safety in the home. at last the t gives them some questions to understand this passage.
1. put guards round fires.
2. if a pan of oil catches fire, turn off the gas and get some water quickly.
3.keep empty bottles on a high shelf
4. make sure that young children cannot get close to pools ,lakes and rivers by themselves.
key: t f f t
step 7 oral practice
part 4. practise let some students work with a good student, covering the text but looking at the pictures. make sure that the sb are using the phrases correctly and listening for any common mistakes.
1. retell this passage with your own words.
2. finish off the workbook exercises.