I. Teaching Aims and Demands:
1. Have a brief revision of this unit.
2. Do the listening practice in Part 1.
3. Do the writing in Part 4.
4. Sum up as in Checkpoint 8
II. Teaching Importance:
III. Teaching procedure:
Step 1 Revision
1.Check the homework exercises.
2. A few questions for revising Lesson 35.
How many types of tiger are there in China?
Is the number of tigers in China getting bigger or smaller?
Why are there fewer tigers now than before?
What was done in 1970 to protect tigers?
Step 2 Listening
After studying Lesson 35, we know that we must take measures to protect tigers, which are already in danger. But can you tell me what are other animals in danger? [---pandas. ]
Yes. Pandas are very rare in the world. That's part of the reason why our government has sent a few pandas to some foreign countries as gifts or for research purposes. Actually experts have been trying every means to increase the number of pandas in china. Now we are going to listen to an expert talking about this problem.
Please turn to page 153. First let's go over the questions.
[Explain the questions briefly to make sure the students understand what to do. Play the tape, then let the, students discuss their answers in pairs. Play the tape again if necessary, then check the answers with the whole class. ]
Step 3 Practice
1. Revise the Past Participle.
2. Page 54, Part 2. Read the instructions aloud. Get the students to find the correct translation.
Step 4 Discussion
(Part 3.) Present the four subjects on the Bb.
Keeping the air clean
Keeping the water clean
Keeping the soil in good condition
Looking after wildlife
Things need to be done.
[Divide the class into groups of four. Each group can choose a subject. Then discuss the two questions in-"relation the chosen subject. Collect some group reports.] Please compose a paragraph with the help of the reports.
Step 5 Grammar
1. Grammar - The Past Participle as Predicative and Attribute
2. Go over the useful expressions of this unit.
Step 6 Homework
1. Write down the past Participle of the verbs in Ex. 1.
2. Revise the language items in the unit.