1. Practice in pairs talking about buying clothes in a shop.
2. Study the language points in lesson 37.
1.a tape recorder 2.a projector 3.the blackboard 4. A set of multi-media equipment.
Ask the students some questions about shopping.
Do you often go shopping?
If so, what do you usually buy?
Ask the students to make dialogues in pairs.
Now you are in a clothes shop. You are fascinated by one of the shirts. Make a dialogue between you and the shop assistant.
Step II Watching and Listening
Let the students watch or listen to the dialogue once or twice and then answer same questions.
1. What did the customer buy last week?
2. What happened to the blouse she bought?
3.What did the customer ask the assistant to do?
4. Why couldn’t the shop assistant give her money back?
5.What did the customer decide to do at last?
1. She bought a blouse from the shop last week.
2. The blouse’s colours ran .
3. She wanted to change it or give her money back.
4. Because the manager was not there.
5. The customer decided to change it.
Step III Language points
Let students read the dialogue and ask them to pay attention to some key sentences and then the teacher gives some brief explanation.
1. There seem (s) to be…
like sb. to do sth./ like to do sth./ like doing sth.
3. I’m not that foolish = I am not so foolish.
4.It looks as if 句子 = It seems as if 句子
5. insist that - clause ( should ) v
Step Ⅳ Practice
Ask the students to make dialogue in pairs. .Divide the students into several groups and let them act out their own dialogues.
Situation: When the customer was talking with the shop assistant, the manager of the clothes shop came in. Make a dialogue between the manager and the customer.
Step V Acting-out
Ask the students to make dialogues similar to the one in Part 1.
Situation A: You have just bought a pair of shoes from a shoe shop. But later you find that the shoes are not of the same size. So you go to the shop again. Make a dialogue between the shop assistant and you.
Situation B: You have just bought a computer in a shop. But you find it didn’t work after a month. So you go back to the shop and ask for change it .
Step VI Practice
Do exercises Ex 2——3. on Page 118.
Step VII Homework
Get the students to prepare Lesson 38.