1. Study the text and try to know how a journalist did some research about wine shop in London.
2. Study the words in this passage.
1.a tape recorder 2.a projector 3.the blackboard 4.A set of multi-media equipment.
Step 1 Revision
Check the homework exercises.
Get the students to tell the story of the million-pound note.
Step 2 Watching and Listening
Let the students watch or listen to the dialogue once or twice and then answer same questions.
1. What is the passage mainly about?
2. What were included in the newspaper report?
1. About a journalist’s report on wine shops.
2. The names of the wine shops she had visited were included in the newspaper report.
Step 3 Reading
Get the students to read the passage carefully and judge the sentences according the short text.
1. A London journalist wanted to do some research about wine.
2. The journalist wanted to see which shops offered the best advice and service.
3. She said she want to buy two bottles of special wine for a dinner.
4. The sixth shop that she visited was the most interesting of all.
5. A week later, her complete report was printed in the newspaper.
Answers: F T F T T
Step 4 Language points
1. do up 系，扣，包
2. take … seriously 认真对待
3. what was worse更糟的是
4. not … but …不是。。。而是
keep back 扣下，隐瞒, 忍住，阻挡住
5. it seems/looks as if……
看起来似乎．．．．．．，其中it 为无人称代词，本身并无词义．As if 引导表语从句或状语从句．
6. no matter what/who/when/……不论什么，无论何人．．．．．．
Step 5 Practice
Part 4. Read the instructions aloud to the students. Explain the meaning of the new words. Do the first three orally with the whole class. Then let the students work in pairs. Check the answers with the class at the end.
Part 5. Explain that the students have to make sentences from the two halves and that more than one answer may be possible. Do the first sentence with whole class, then let the students work in pairs. Ask for some sentences from the class at the end of this activity.
Step 6 Exercises
1. Ex.1. Get the students to read through the passage and discuss the answers in pairs. Then ask the students to retell the story.
2. Ex.3 should be done orally and the answers may be written on the Bb. Ask the students to translate the sentences into Chinese.
Step 7 Homework
Retell this passage with your own words.
Finish off the Workbook exercises.