Ⅰ. Teaching aims and demands:
1. Provide the chance for students to have a listening practice
2. Revise the grammar with the students: verb tenses
3. The students are required to practice the words and useful expressions in Checkpoint 8.
Ⅱ. Key points: 1. Grammar; 2. Listening 3. Useful expressions.
Ⅲ. Teaching methods: Listening — practice
Ⅳ. Teaching procedures:
Step 1. Revision
(1) Check the homework exercises.
(2) Revise the previous two lessons and try to tell the whole story in your own words.
Step 2. Listening
(1) Pre-listening: Tell the students turn to Page 140 and read the instructions to get a gist of the listening passage.
① Play the tape for the students to answer the questions. ② Check the answers with the students.
(3) Post listening activity: get the students to talk about the listening passage.
Step 3. Checkpoints
Go through Checkpoint 8 with the students. Get the students to make up sentences using the useful expressions if time permits.
Step 4. Practice
SB P48, Part 2. Read the instructions and get students to fill the blanks with an appropriate word from the brackets. Check the answers with the class.
Step 5. Writing
SB P48, Part 3. Read the instructions and tell the students to develop a paragraph using the information given below. The T give them a example and tell them pay attention to grammar and vocabulary using. After that ask them to read their passage and give them remark.
Step 6. Practice
Workbook Lesson 32. Ex. 1~2. Get the students to do the exercises and then check the answers with the students.
Step 7. Homework
(1) Finish off the wb. exercises of Lesson 32.
(2) Revise the key points of this unit.