Ⅰ. Teaching aims and demands
1. Provide the chance for students to have a listening practice
2. Revise the grammar with the students: verb tenses
3. The students are required to practice the words and useful expressions in Checkpoint 7.
Ⅱ. Key points: 1. Grammar; 2. Listening 3. Useful expressions.
Ⅲ. Teaching methods: Listening — practice
Ⅳ. Teaching procedures
Step 1. Revision
Check the homework exercises.
(2) Revise the previous two lessons about Angkor Wat.
Step 2. Listening
(1) Pre-listening: Tell the students turn to Page 139 and read the instructions to get a gist of the listening passage.
① Play the tape for the students to answer the questions. ② Check the answers with the students.
(3) Post listening activity: get the students to talk about the listening passage.
Step 3. Checkpoints
Go through Checkpoint 7 with the students. Get the students to make up sentences using the useful expressions if time permits.
Step 4. Word study
SB P42, Part 2. Read the instructions and get students to fill the blanks with an appropriate word from the box. Check the answers with the class. Answers: See P40.
Step 5. Writing
SB P42, Part 3. Read the instructions and tell the students to develop a paragraph using the information given below. The T give the Ss for a while, then ask them to read own article. At last the T get a summary for them.
Step 6. Workbook
Workbook Lesson 28. Ex. 1~3. Get the students to do the exercises and then check the answers with the students. Answers: See Wb P100.
Step 7. Homework
(1) Finish off the wb exercises of Lesson 28.
(2) Revise the key points of this unit.
(3) Writing: See Step 5.
本教案以听力及写作为主的教学过程，听力形式以（Pre-listening，While-listening，Post listening activity）教学活动，达到学生听力的理解及提高，写作内容，学生根据书中提示组织写作语言，教师给学生一定的时间，鼓励学生开口说英语，读英语将自己的作文在课堂上朗读出来。之后教师点评作文。所以整堂课以听，写为主。