Teaching aims and demands
1. Provide the chance for students to have a listening practice
2. Revise the grammar with the students: the use of infinitive.
3. The students are required to practice the words and useful expressions in Checkpoint 11.
Key points: 1. Grammar; 2. Listening 3. Useful expressions.
Teaching methods: Listening — practice
Step 1. Revision
(1) Check the homework exercises.
(2) Revise the previous three lessons.
(3) Revise Step 7 of the previous lessons.
Step 2. Listening
(1) Pre-listening: Tell the students turn to Page 143 and read the instructions to get a gist of the listening passage.
① Play the tape for the students to answer the questions.
② Check the answers with the students.
(3) Post listening activity: get the students to talk about the listening passage.
Step 3. Checkpoints
Go through Checkpoint 11 with the students. Get the students to make up sentences using the useful expressions if time permits.
Step 4. Grammar
Grammar teaching: Tell the students the usage and what attention should be paid to the infinitive.
Step 5. Grammar practice
SB P64~65, Part 2~5, read the instructions and get students to do the four exercises about infinitive. Then check the answers with the students.
Step 6. Word study
SB P66, Part 2, read the instructions, and get students to do the exercise. Then check the answers with the students. Answers: See P66.
Step 7. Writing
SB P66, Part 3. Read the instructions and tell the students to develop a paragraph by using given information.
Step 8. Practice
Workbook Lesson 44. Ex. 1~3. Get the students to do the exercises and then check the answers with the students.
(1) Finish off the wb exercises of Lesson 44.
(2) Revise the key points of this unit.