立即打开

英国语文BOOK 5 LESSON 25 Lady,Clare 克莱尔女爵(中英对照+mp3)

LESSON 25 Lady,Clare

第二十五  克莱尔女爵

It was the time when lilies blow,

百合花盛开时节,

And clouds are highest up in air,

白云高高地飘在天际,

Lord Ronald brought a lily-white doe

罗纳德勋爵带来一只雪白的小鹿

To give his cousin, Lady Clare.

送给他的表妹,克莱尔女爵作为心意。

I trow they did not part in scorn;(1)

他们的相爱不离我看在眼里;

Lovers long betrothed were they:

这对情人早已订婚,

They two will wed the morrow morn;

次日早晨他们即将步入婚姻的殿堂,

God's blessing on the day.

那时上帝会赐予他们新婚的祝福。

"He does not love me for my birth,

“他的爱与我的血统出身没有关系,

Nor for my lands, so broad and fair;

也不是因为我辽阔的土地和财产,

He loves me for my own true worth,

他爱我本人高尚而优雅的,

And that is well," said Lady Clare.

品性和气质,“克莱尔女爵说道。

In there came old Alice the nurse;

年老的奶妈爱丽丝走进来问道,

Said, "Who was this that went from thee?"—

“从你身边走出去的人是谁啊?“

"It was my cousin," said Lady Clare;

“那位是我的表兄,“克莱尔女爵回答;

"To-morrow he weds with me."(2)

“明天他就要和我喜结连理。“

"O God be thanked!" said Alice the nurse,

爱丽丝说道“感谢亲爱的上帝啊!”

"That all comes round so just and fair;—

“这结局多么的完美如意,

Lord Ronald is heir of all your lands,

因为你并不是克莱尔女爵,

And you are not the Lady Clare."

罗纳德勋爵会继承这里所有的土地。“

"Are ye(3) out of your mind, my nurse, my nurse,"

“我的奶妈,你的脑子糊涂了吗?

Said Lady Clare, "that ye speak so wild?"—

为什么如此胡言乱语?“

"As God's above," said Alice the nurse,

爱丽丝说:“老天在上,

"I speak the truth—you are my child.

告诉你实话,——你就是我的孩子。“

"The old Earl's daughter died at my breast—

“老伯爵的女儿死在我的怀里,

I speak the truth, as I live by bread!

我讲的是真话,一点不假,

I buried her like my own sweet child,

我把她当我的亲身宝贝埋葬,

And put my child in her stead."

然后让我的孩子顶替她的身份位置。“

"Falsely, falsely have ye done,

“荒唐啊,你做的事荒唐之极,

O mother," she said, "if this be true;

我的母亲,如果这一切都是事实,

To keep the best man under the sun

我要去告诉他让真相大白,

So many years from his due."

多年来他一直是蒙在鼓里。“

"Nay, now, my child," said Alice the nurse;

“现在不要,我的孩子”,爱丽丝着急说道,

"But keep the secret for your life,

“你要终身保守这个秘密,

And all you have will be Lord Ronald's

当你们结为了夫妻,

When you are man and wife."

你的所有还会属于罗纳德勋爵。“

"If I'm a beggar born," she said,

“如果我出身贫寒”,她说,

"I will speak out, for I dare not lie;—

“我会说出真相来,因为我不敢撒谎

Pull off, pull off the brooch of gold,

摘下,都摘下黄金的胸针,

And fling the diamond necklace by!"

还有钻石项链也将弃之一边!“

"Nay, now, my child," said Alice the nurse,

“我的孩子,现在不要,”爱丽丝哀求道,

"But keep the secret all ye can."—

“请尽力保守你这个秘密。”

She said, "Not so; but I will know

“这不行,我需要知道,”她回答,

If there be any faith in man."

“男人是否忠实可信,爱情专一。”

"Nay, now, what faith?" said Alice the nurse;

爱丽丝说,“现在不要,什么爱情专一,

"The man will cleave unto his right."—

男人就是要争权夺利。”

"And he shall have it," the lady replied,

“那他就都拿去吧”克莱尔女爵回答,

"Though I should die, to-night!"

“那样的话,今夜我就一死了之。”

"Yet give one kiss to your mother dear!

“给你的母亲一个甜蜜的亲吻,

Alas, my child, I sinned for thee."—

我的孩子,我有罪对不起你。”

"O mother, mother, mother," she said,

“哦,妈妈,妈妈,”她说道,

"So strange it seems to me.

“这一切对我是这样地离奇。”

"Yet here's a kiss for my mother dear,—

“这个吻是对母亲的深情爱意,

My mother dear, if this be so;

亲爱的妈妈,一切原本如此,

And lay your hand upon my head,

把你的手放在我的额头上,

And bless me, mother, ere I go."

祝福我,妈妈,在我离开之际。”

She clad herself in a russet gown;(4)

她换上了一件简朴的长外衣,

She was no longer Lady Clare:

克莱尔女爵和她再没有关系,

She went by dale, and she went by down,(5)

沿着山涧,向谷底走去,

With a single rose in her hair.

一枝玫瑰装点在她的发髻。

The lily-white doe Lord Ronald had brought,

白色的小鹿雷勋爵的献礼,

Leapt up from where she lay,

从躺卧的地上一跃而起,

Dropt her head in the maiden's hand,

将她的脑袋放进少女的手里,

And followed her all the way.

一路紧紧跟随。

Down Stept Lord Ronald from his tower:

从塔楼上雷勋爵走下阶梯,

"O Lady Clare, you shame your worth!

“克莱尔女爵,为何将自己贬低,

Why come you drest like a village maid,

你穿戴得像一个乡野的村姑,

That are the flower of the earth?"

好似鲜花绽放在大地?”

"If I come drest like a village maid,

“我穿戴得像村姑自有道理,

I am but as my fortunes are;

那本来就是我自己,

I am a beggar born," she said,

我不是克莱尔女爵,”她直言,

"And not the Lady Clare."

“我出身贫寒,只是冒名顶替。”

"Play me no tricks," said Lord Ronald,

雷勋爵说道:“别玩游戏,

"For I am yours in word and deed;—

我言行一致,都属于你,

Play me no tricks," said Lord Ronald;

就别跟我玩游戏,” 雷勋爵又说,

"Your riddle is hard to read."

“我实在难懂你设的谜。”

O, and proudly stood she up!

哦,她站在那里昂首挺立,

Her heart within her did not fail;

她的内心充满了勇气,

She looked into Lord Ronald's eyes,

她看着雷勋爵的眼睛,

And told him all her nurse's tale.

讲述了奶妈的故事。

He laughed a laugh of merry scorn;

他大笑,笑声中充满了快乐的豪气,

He turned and kissed her where she stood:

将站立的她拥吻在怀里,

"If you are not the heiress born,

“如果你不是法定的继承人,

And I," said he, "the next in blood—

那我就是下一个亲戚。”

"If you are not the heiress born,

“如果你不是法定的继承人,

And I," said he, "the lawful heir,

那我就合法地继承所有这里,

We two will wed to-morrow morn,

我们明天早上去结婚成亲,

And you shall(6) still be Lady Clare."

你还是你,克莱尔女爵。”

—ALFRED TENNYSON

——阿尔弗雷德·丁尼生

译文属小E英语原创,未经允许,不得转载。

打开APP阅读全文